The Truth

3 days later...

After hearing that there would be a mission uncle Levi made me train for hours each day. I was told that 4 days from now we would have to head out of the walls for this mission but, like always, I wasn't told why and what we were heading out for so I chose to stay quiet.

At the training ground with Levi...

'Can't we take a break now?'
This was the one hundredths time I asked uncle Levi and he would always say:
'Do as you please.'
He'd look at me with cold and serious eyes, almost looking as though he was bored.
That's when I knew that was a no.
And so I continued to train even though my body ached.
We weren't the only ones on the training ground, there were others and everyone's eyes were on uncle Levi.
When he looked up, everyone's eyes would come off him just in case he caught them staring at him.
The way uncle Levi trained was serious. He was fast at what he did and didn't stop to rest very often.
Others on the training ground would stop, chat and laugh but uncle Levi wasn't going to stop for that.

Let's just see how this goes...

On the day of the mission...

Everything was sorted, the time for heading out was coming soon and I was starting to get nervous.

'Mei, are you ready?'
Uncle Levi must have seen the nervousness on my face.
'Y-yeah.'
I let out a long sigh before the gates opened.
We were exposed to the outside world...

Outside the walls...

We were told that the group would have to split up into two and me and uncle Levi were in different groups. Still I had no idea why we had to split up but I chose to stay quiet, maybe things are better left unsaid.

Before Uncle Levi left he came to me and looked at me for a few seconds before a really painful look washed over him.
He wispered something to me and left with his group.
He didn't turn back to look at me.
I didn't hear what he said.

Until it hit me.

'E-Erwin did it, he killed your mother.'

Everything in my body froze.
My mind went blank.

'Ee-rwin?'

Back inside the wall...

Sadness didn't wash over me.
I had a burning feeling.
Tears didn't fall.
I was shaking, not from fear, but anger.

I gripped both swords in my hands and headed towards Erwin's office.
I kicked open the door.
Erwin tried to say something with a smile on his face but I cut him off.
I jumped with both swords in front of me.
The only thing on my mind was that this guy killed my mother.
He grabbed a wooden pole from the side and stopped my swords from slicing his head.
I didn't know what I was doing but I was going to avenge my mother.
My swords where wedged into the pole.
He pushed me off and I pounced with my swords again.

This time to be stopped by uncle Levi with both of his swords in front of him.

Defending Erwin...