The painful past...

I stood there and glared at uncle Levi who looked like he was regretting everything.

'Why? Why are you defending the man who killed your sister?!'
I was yelling at the top of my lungs.
Still there were no tears, just this burning feeling.

There was silence, uncle Levi didn't say anything and now had no expression on his face.
The silence was broken by the laughter of Erwin who was enjoying everything that was happening.

'My my, to think that Mei is able to have such a scary expression on her face.'
He smiled at what he said as though he had impressed everyone.
I glared at him.

'I will avenge my mother and when I do, you will regret what you've done. I promise.'

With that I left his office. Not making eye contact with uncle Levi.

I sat on the roof top, I needed to clear my head. Why did uncle Levi defend Erwin? Why didn't uncle Levi do anything to save mother? How long did uncle Levi know that Erwin would kill mother? Why did Erwin kill mother?
All these questions, not a single answer.
After a while I heard foot steps behind me. I turned around and saw uncle Levi Who came and sat down next to me.

'Why? Why did you defend Erwin?'
My voice withered alittle, I kept my eyes fixed in front of me away from uncle Levi.

'Mei what you were doing was reckless, you weren't thinking. I've seen people get consumed like that once before. I won't sit back and let that happen again.'

After a few minutes he then said:
'Did you really think I wanted to protect him?'

I looked at uncle Levi he gave me a really painful smile.

'The only reason why I protected him was because I made a contract with him years ago.'

I looked at him confused.
'A contract?'

'Back before I had joined the Survey corps I lived under ground. It was the safest place to live, but the only problem was the sun light. If your body doesn't get sunlight then you'll start to rot. People living under ground would rather live above since they knew that sooner or later they would start to rot anyway. You needed permission to be able to live above ground and those who were wealthy where able to live there. People where forced to stay down under ground. I had my reputation under ground and it wasn't a good one. That's when I got caught by Erwin. He gave me two options. One was that he was to send me to the military Police and they would have me most probably killed, and the second one was for me to join him in the survey corps and work under him to atone for what I had done. And so here I am today.'

Uncle Levi was now in his own world. It was as though he was talking to him self.

'Uncle Levi?'

He snapped out of it and looked at me.

'Mei, you have a meeting with Erwin. He won't forget what you did today so be prepared for the punishment he is going to give you.'

'Punishment?!'
...