Secrets...

Monday came weather I liked it or not and of course I was told that I had to go to Erwin's office.

I stood outside his office until I heard him call.

'Come in.'

I stepped inside and closed the door behind me.

'Mei, on that table over there is the paper work your going to sort out. You have to put then in date order and stamp them.'

Erwin pointed at a table in the corner. I turned to look at what he was pointing at and I saw a whole load of paper jumbled together.

Is this a joke?! Where was that paper before I came?!

I turned to look back at him and he was chuckling to him self before saying.

'You have to finish all of it today so you better hurry up and get to work. I'm going to come and check on you later on.'

With that he threw me the keys to uncle levi's office.

I cannot argue or he might add alot more work on.
Well better get to work then...

Outside Uncle levi's office...

I pushed open the door and everything was clean.

Very clean.

Too clean.

Well I better keep it this way. Don't want to know what he'd do if i mess up this room.

I walked in with the trolly load of paper work. I decided to work on the floor since there was alot more space then the desk and I could put the paper around me which is easier for me.

Few hours later...

I was close to the end of the paper work and piled them so that they were in date order. I was on the last pile until I realised someone was at the door.

I looked up and saw Erwin looking in and smiling to him self. I looked at him for a second before looking away to carry on.

What does he want? Hasn't he already given me enough work to do?

I turned to see if he had left but I turned to see the piles of paper I had organised fly at me, going everywhere.

I looked at the door again and saw Erwin laughing before he said.

'Remember this has to be done today, better hurry up.'

With that he left the room.

He only came in to mess up the work I had already done?! What's his problem?!

It was starting to get late and I knew that I would have to work into the night if I was to finish this.

Few more hours later...

I had done most of what Erwin came and wrecked but not all of it. The time now was 10pm and sleepiness was getting to me.

I continued to work until I heard the door open again. I turned around and saw Uncle Levi, he did not look happy.

Not in the slightest bit.

I froze.

'What's w-wrong?'

I looked at him and his emotionless eyes pinned me down.
After a few seconds he said.

'Look at the state of this room.'

I kew he was angry because he said it slowly.

I looked around and realised I messed up alot of things in here.
I looked back at him.

'I um- well you see I sort of.'

I couldn't come up with anything to say.

'You better hurry up and tidy this room after your done got it?'

'Um- okay.'

With that he left the room. He looked like he was checking whether or not I was touching anything.
That's when it hit me. He said I shouldn't touch anything in his room, what is he trying to hide? If I finish this paper work quickly then I can take a look around.

2 hours later...

It became 12 o'clock by the time I had finished the work. I moved all the paper to one side and started looking around.

After a few minutes of looking around I was going to give up since I never found anything that was worth looking into.
I was going to pick up the paper on the floor until I turned to look under the table.

I saw a cupboard fixed into the wall.
I went over and pushed the table out of the way. I opened the cupboard and to my suprise it wasn't locked.

What I saw inside wasn't what I had expected.

I saw bracelets and beautiful hairpins.
And other things that are for women.
What are they doing here?
Under this stuff I saw a photograph of mother, uncle Levi and Erwin all smiling. That's when I found a letter for uncle Levi in mothers handwriting.
'He likes keeping these doesn't he.'
I thought to myself before opening it.

The letter

Levi when do you intend to tell Mei? She will grow up thinking she doesn't have a father. I think it's better if you tell her, if I were to, I would only be saying your name. She wouldn't know who you are. The sooner you tell her the less hurt she would be so please, you have to tell her that your her father. Tell her sooner rather then later.

End

I looked at the piece of paper.
Levi's my father?
No that's not right.
My father passed away. He died before I was born. He's gone, isn't he?

I sat on the floor holding the piece of paper. Tears started welling up in my eyes.

I don't know what to believe anymore.

I heard someone coming towards the office.

I couldn't move.

Frozen.

My eyes were still flooding with tears but my they wouldn't move from the paper.

Someone entered the room.

After a few seconds I was able to slowly look up and saw.

Levi.

Looking at me with regret all over his face...