5 years?!

2 days later...

I have to gather up my thoughts.
How was I supposed to know that when mother dropped me off here, that it was going to be the last time I saw her?
She was in the same carriage as she left in, does that mean she was in there for 1 month?!

My mother, was dead, for 1 whole mouth, and I didn't even know.

Tears started streaming out of eyes and my thoughts only became more painful.
I don't know what happened to my mothers corpse, and every time I asked uncle Levi about it, he would do the same as my mother used to do. Just shrug or let out a sigh but I know that he knows what happened to her.

I suddenly realised that someone had opened the door and was looking at me, uncle Levi. He had a really sad expression on his face and was looking at me straight in the eyes. That's what made my tears fall even more, he came and sat down next to me on the bench.
There was a moment of silence before uncle Levi said:
'You loved your mother alot didn't you?'
I looked at him with an 'obviously-I-did' look and he gave me a painful smile before hugging me which caught me by suprise. After a few seconds he muttered.
'Don't worry I loved her too.'
And he squeezed me tighter.

1 day later...

Erwin said that I was to start the whole medical staff job a few days ago but excused me for not going beacause of the dead of my mother.
He told me that to live with uncle Levi I have to work since he's the one who provides all the soldiers with a room, bread, cheese and milk in the morning.
He told me that I can get a tray of food too, so there's going to be 2 trays of food outside of our room.
The deal was that I have to work as a medical staff until I'm old enough to be able to kill titans.
I have to be 17 years old to join them so I have to wait for. 5 years?! I have to be a medical staff for 5 years, this isn't going to be easy.

I had to go through the training of becoming a medical staff but everything they were teaching me I already knew about.
Erwin decided to test me so he told me to take care of someone who had been badly injured. I did so and a few hours later he started showing some progress. Before I knew it he was all better.
I could tell that all the other medical staff really didn't like me because they gave me horrible looks from the corner of their eyes and everytime i asked for something they would start whispering to eachother, I just had to put up with it.

Every time uncle Levi came around to check on me he too would give them a death look which would scare them half to dead. Is it because they all like Erwin? Every time Erwin came around they would start giggling but Erwin would always come my way which I hated, when they realised he always came to me to have chat they would look at eachother and then back at me with an evil look in their eyes.

It's going to be like this for 5 years.
Mother, what would you do in a situation like this?