Chapter 30

It's A Shakespeare Thing

Chapter 30

Ryan

Lauren wanted a spring wedding so wedding plans were in full bloom. We only had so many moths to plan for a wedding when March 25 was only a few months away.

Lauren and I were sitting at my kitchen table with tins of wedding magazines spread out in front of us. I had no clue what I was looking for but apparently Lauren knew what she was doing. She had those little post it tabs and they were sticking out of the magazines everywhere.

"Hey babe, what exactly am I looking firagain?" I asked confused.

"Ideas for the reception. You know how to set it up and stuff." Lauren replied looking up at me

"Ok, I'll try." I sighed still not sure what I was looking for.

"Anything that cathces your eye. I want your input on everything. You're not going to be one of those guys who just shows up." Lauren told me.

"I know babe and I want to help." I didn't need her upset with me.

Lauren was dead set on us making everything ourselves including some arch thingy she had designed. Which I why I was currently sitting in Cafe Solaie waiting for Asher.

"What's up man?" Asher asked as he sat down across from me.

"Nothing just looking for any excuse to get out of the house. This wedding planning crap is killing me." I sighed.

"Me too Ray is like bridezilla on steroids. The stress of planning a wedding plus pregnancy hormones are really getting to her." Asher looked worried.

"Make her slow down man." I suggested.

"You know Ray better than anyone else. She doesn't slow down." Asher pointed out.

"True, but she has to think of the baby now. The stress isn't good for either one of them." I felt for Asher i knew just how stubborn my twin sister could be.

"I've tried believe me. You can only get your head snapped off so many times before you want to give up." Asher looked serious.

"I'll get Lauren to talk to her. Maybe she can talk some sense into her." I told him.

"Thanks man. I'd really appreciate that." Asher looked a bit relieved.

"No problem. I'll get Lauren to call her sometime this afternoon." I promised. "Oh and before I forget. Lauren wanted me to get you to look over these plans for an arch she wants built. Think you can do it?"

"Yeah this looks easy enough." Asher scanned the drawing.

"Great, see ya later man." We paid our bill and went our separate ways.

I knew what Asher was dealing with. Raylin could be the stubbornest person in the world when she had a project she was working on. Add the fact that it's her wedding she's planning and you've got as Asher put it bridezilla on steroids.

"Hey! How was lunch? Did Asher look at the arch?" Lauren kissed me quickly.

"Yeah he said it would be easy. I need you to call Ray and talk to her. Asher reffered to her as bridezilla on steroids." I answered.

"She doesn't need to get too stressed. Not in her condition." Lauren said concerned.

"Exactly, the thing is she won't listen to us guys. Maybe you can talk some sense into her." I suggested.

"Ok. I'll call her but I'm not making any promises." Lauren sighed then walked away.

Thirty minutes later Lauren walked back into the living room. I knew she had something to tell me but she seem unable to come up with the words. She began to wring her hands out ands pace the floor.

"What is it, Lauren? You're pacing is driving me crazy. " I finally asked her.

"Well, you see Raylin and I got to talking about planning our weddings and we realized we had a lot of the same ideas." Lauren began.

"And..." I urged her to continue.

"And well it kind of sorta came up to have a double wedding. " Lauren cringed as she waited for my response.

"What?" I asked confused.

"A double wedding maning we would get married and Asher and Ray would get married at the same time." Lauren explained.

"Why a double wedding?" I questioned.

"Just hear me out. Raylin is already very stressed. With a double wedding all the planning wouldn't be on her. Plus, wouldn't it be cool to share a wedding anniversary with your twin sister?" Lauren added.

"Lauren, I love you. You are brilliant. Not to mention so damn nice. Not many brides would want to share their wedding day with their sister in law." I couldn't believe how amazing my fiancé was. Just when I thought she couldn't get any better she goes and does something like this.

"So you're ok with it?" She asked.

"I love the idea. It'll make the day that much more special for me." I replied.

"Great! I'm going to call Raylin back and let her know!" Lauren exclaimed and then bounced off again.

Not only would I be sharing a birthday with Raylin, but now we would share an anniversary. I couldn't be happier than I was at the moment. I would soon be married to the most beautiful, kind, and caring woman in the world, and I get to share one of the happiest days in my life with my twin sister. Nothing could bring me down.