Prologue

alrighty.. this has been in my head for some time.. so here we go! i own my characters and ideas. .*.*. break is a memory while a simple ... is a page break. ... can happen inside of a memory.

Part 1

.*.*.

The Makai sun shone brightly in the clear skies above a forest. There was a clearing, and in that clearing was a gathering of plants, and inside this small den laid two demons. One was male, a fox, and in his strong arms, a female, a wolf. They laid on their bed of leaves, staring into the sky. He pulls her closer, resting his head on hers. His fingers interlaced with hers, careful not to dig his claws into her. Their bare feet dangled, staying close to one another as they laid there. He nuzzles his face behind her ear and then looks down at his beloved. A hand comes down to where her abdomen begins to swell. He smiles, his young bringing pride to him.

The wolf lets out a small and content sigh, closing her eyes for a few moments as he brings his hand lower and nips at her ear playfully. They kiss and then they make love, happy their enclosure shields them away from any possible onlookers. Today was a quiet day, a day of resting. No bandits, no pack, no hunts, just the two of them and their time. The passion in their love hadn't died in centuries and it would continue to burn for the rest of their lives. She had refrained from their raids at his insistence, the young being more important. He too would stop and raise his family, continue on his legacy at a later year.

"Youko," she speaks, a sound he would never tire of, "the demon hunters are becoming more serious. I fear for our young, they are intent on capturing the both of us."

"Not to worry beloved, I will not let any harm come to you or our young," he responds in that soothing voice that never ceases to calm her. "Is the vision troubling you?"

"Yes. There was no other alternative to it, unlike the others, this one seemed absolute," she put a hand to her womb, where their creatures were growing.

He put his hand on top of hers, giving it a reassuring squeeze, "I will not let such events take place."

She turns to face him, her tawny eyes meeting his golden ones. He is sincere, and even a bit fierce. Her cheek rubs against his, happy that life granted her such a wonderful gift. They kiss once more, letting their emotions run away with them. He rolls to be on top of her, minding her womb.

"Perhaps you should not spend so much time dwelling on it," he suggests to her.

She smiles, "What is time to a wolf?"

He smirks, "I meant, do not let such thoughts cloud your mind beloved. If this should come to pass, I will come for you. I just hope that you will do the same for me," he speaks to her, his eyes never leaving hers.

"Wolves mate for life, never forget that Youko."

"I love you my ookami."

"And I love you my precious kitsune."

She pulls him down for a kiss, and they make love in their den once more.

...

"Youko!" she cries as they run from his latest raid. He looks in her direction and sees her face full of fear. Red stains her clothes, close to where their young was growing.

"What is it koishii? What happened?" he asks, anger forming inside of him.

"They're coming Youko! We have to get out of here!" she looks behind her, voice full of panic. A growl escapes his throat as his eyes follow hers. The demon hunter was on their tails. Throwing his treasure away, he grabs her hand and they dash forward. This hunter, however, is prepared and fires another shot at them.