Demon Speed

When Kurama had awoken the next day, he noted that he couldn't feel San's energy, which meant that she had been out hunting all night for this dying human. Frowning, he couldn't help but wonder how far around the island she had gotten off to, knowing that at this rate she'd be lucky to find him alive - if she found him at all. It didn't cease to amaze him that she was able to pick out that scent in particular, Kurama himself only finding rotting flesh, much like his homeland. Frowning, it should come as no surprise that she would want to explore the island, eager to see her mate. The fox couldn't help his curiosity over the missing youki, desperate to know who was able to capture her heart into such devotion. Had Moriko still been alive, he was certain that she would show the same integrity.

Sighing, he decided to try and look for her before the match in the event that they would need her healing abilities. Stopping by her room was useless, however, he had to cover all of his bases before returning to the point where they had parted ways. The fox kept in mind that she might still be in her wolf form so it would be harder to track her. San also had no scent in that form, certainly proving difficult in his hunt, but he was sure he'd be able to track her. Kurama left his post, heading in the direction he remembered her going. Strange, there were no wolf tracks left over for him to follow but Hiei was in the area, so he turned toward the fire demon, maybe he had seen her. It didn't take long to find him, he was on his way to the arena, their next fight beginning soon. There he was, walking on the ground, nursing his right arm. Hiei dropped to his knees, Kurama observing him from his perch on the tree above.

"Is this wise Hiei?" the red-haired demon asked.

"What do you mean?" Hiei spat back at him.

"It won't easy to keep winning without the use of your dominant hand. Perhaps you should withdraw."

"Hn. You heard what Toguro said, we don't have a choice," and then they felt two demons approaching them, "If we don't make it through this tournament, he'll kill us all. Fighting is the only way out."

Both youki stopped just as Hiei finished his sentence. They stared, Kurama recognizing them from the fight yesterday. They were supposed to be fighting them today, but it seemed the master had other plans instead.

"Seems the Dr.'s team has gotten lost," remarked the fox.

"Yes, and what a horrible coincidence for us both."

"I admit my original intention of finding you was to know if you had seen San anywhere, or if you could locate her."

"Figures. Now is not the time fox," replied Hiei, pulling out his sword.

Kurama noted it was his left hand, as he to pulled out his rose whip. One of the demons started to run at them, hoping for an attack, but they were ready. It took little to no effort to fell the enemy, both looking on with indifference.

"What the hell?" the other apparition questioned, not believing what he saw.

"Hn. And that was using my left arm Kurama," stated Hiei.

"I'm sorry I used my right. Next time I'll use my left to be fair," replied the fox, as they both turned to the remaining youki.

"Would you like to try us next?" but the demon just started laughing at them.

"Thanks but I'd rather not. Death gives me the shivers," he answered, pulling out a controller. He clicked it without effort and out came a mechanical beast looking thing. It stood beside the enemy, waiting for instructions it looked like, "Gatasvil is what we like to call him. One of the doctor's earlier projects. Part demon, mostly machine with no feelings, no pain, and no fear. Go Gatasvil! Destroy those two low lifes!"