The Sickness

"I agree, but before we leave, Botan," said Kurama. He looked at the blue haired pilot, as she waited for what his request was, "I must speak with Koenma."

"Right," Botan nodded, opening her brief case and patching into Junior.

"Koenma."

"Yes, Kurama. Report," San heard Koenma's voice.

"The center point was there, but I think it may be possible that they've camped underground."

"Hm. Very clever..."

"That's not all. It appears we're being followed."

"What?"

"I'm not sure, but I'm rejoining the teams just to be safe."

"Understood," and then the screen went fuzzy. Botan closed the case while Kurama turned to his mate.

"Still there?"

She nodded, "Yeah. I have a feeling he'll be on our tail for some time. I can easily outrun him though."

"Do so. Keep the link between us open however, and let us know where the others are."

"No. I'll scout ahead, but I won't be using my telepathy. Our enemies are also psychics, they'll hear everything I say."

"Right," he kissed her lightly, "Go," he whispered, and she took off at demon speed ahead of them.

...

The bugs, they were disgusting. San had run to where they had first parted ways, catching the scent of the others. She followed it to a bar, picking up another scent she didn't recognize. As she came closer to the main square, she smelled the same aroma that was watching them earlier. So many humans, one that stood out to her nose, plus the one she recognized. The trail went cold after that, but she smelled gasoline. Ambulance, it was the only vehicle that would be able to come here. They must have went to the hospital. San went to find Kurama and the others, to update them. It didn't take long to find them, she had an idea of where they were. A new scent came to her, it was tailing her mate and the others, at least, it was. It left, not too long ago. Something happened just then, she dropped to her knees, hearing a most disturbing voice. She didn't know what it was, but it made her stop dead in her tracks. She could see the red hair of her mate in the distance. But that voice, who was it? And why did it frighten her slightly?

-You San, you will see all that I have seen- it spoke to her

-Who are you?-

-I am the future. Just wait, you will see everything soon-

-Tell me who you are!- but the voice was gone. What the fuck? All she could feel was hatred, and this terrible instinct to kill. What was going on here? She shook her head, placing this in the back of her mind and making her way towards her mate.

"I'm sure it's gotten worse since we came. I need one of those zapper porch lights," said Botan.

"What are you talking about? What's worse?" asked Kuwabara.

"The insects of Makai. You can't see them," answered Kurama.

"We just have to say my powers are gone, every hour!"

"Botan's right, they've doubled from yesterday," said Kaito.

"It's the tunnel. It's expanding at an extraordinarily fast rate," said Kurama.

"I'm probably teasing you because I'm jealous, Kuwabara. Being blind sounds perfect right now," said Botan. They had finally caught up to San.

"Hey, buddy, is that bad guy still on our trail?" asked Kuwabara quietly.