Moving On

Thank you for everyone who reads and reviews, you are the ones who are inspiring and make it all worth the while :). We've been having a good run here, and I'm sure you all wish to see the rest of my portrayal of the story before I continue with the adventure after the Demon World Tournament. To illustrate the Kurama episodes, I've decided to make it all in his point of view. I figured this would be easier, hope you all enjoy it!

...

Phone call to Makai. Thanks to a clever patch I made before leaving. It enables my mother to call my while she is on her honeymoon. She still thinks I'm at the house. On a warm day in July, my mother, after raising me on her own for most of my human life remarried. The wedding was small, with only family and close friends. Kuwabara was present, but I'm sad to say, that San could not be there. My mother looked happy. Yusuke gave his regrets, leaving two months before. But I was glad he cared. I far from forgotten the risk he took to allow both my mother and myself to live. My wedding gift to them was an all expenses paid over the seas honeymoon for the full month of August. I sort of forced it on them for my own convenience. And now, two months after Yusuke and Hiei, and on the condition that it would only last for August, I made my trip to Makai, as a service and adviser to Yomi's army. I owe Yomi something, despite my feelings towards finding my mate, who is still missing.

I walked up a familiar path, seeing Yomi's castle in the distance. It was huge, making me wonder why he had such a creation. But I didn't have time to think about it, his welcoming party was ready to meet me. Three skilled ninja's it looked like. The power was severely low compared to mine. It was easy to jump out of the way. They ran at me, but I blocked their attacks simply, jumping into the air and using my rose whip to disperse one of them. The other two charged at me, jumping into the air. Pitiful. I used my rose whip lash and they were easily defeated.

"Yomi, was all that necessary?" I questioned the demon watching in the shadows. He stepped out from the trees.

"Hello Kurama. It's been far too long since I've seen you," Yomi greeted me calmly.

"I don't appreciate the pun. And what sort of welcome is that? I came all this way to help you, not to be attacked," I spat back. Ungrateful bastard, luring me here when I could be searching for San.

"Don't be cross. I wasn't entirely sure it was you. Your energy feels so much different than it did before. I had to be sure I'm not advised by the wrong man."

"So you sent them to identify me. That's playing it very cautious, Yomi. A trait you never had when I knew you."

"You're not the only one who's gone through changes," he turned his back then, "I can't afford to be reckless now. Mukuro and Raizen have had centuries to perfect the keeping of their power. Now that I have an equal share, they'll take any chance to dethrone me."

"A thousand years is a long time."

"For some things, it's not. Forgive the attack, but if you were as strong as I've heard you've become, it wouldn't have been a threat. And it wasn't, I believe in your power," he turned to face me again. There was a big change in him since I last remember seeing him. While he had aged from a rash youth, he kept his eyes closed the whole time, "Kurama, please give me your trust," he seemed to be pleading with me. I was conflicted at that time. It was hard to think about trusting someone who used to put my pack into danger.

"Lord Yomi," came another demon, obviously one of his minions.

"Yes Yuda."

"It is time for the unification conference, Lord. The council has gathered."

"Excuse me," Yomi said to me. He walked a few paces and then stopped, "Actually Yuda, I have a thought. I want Kurama to attend today's meeting. Show him the way please."