Tree of Depravity, Reverse Man

"Those must be C class apparitions trying for his attention. Simple, characterless creatures governed solely by their appetites," said Sensui. Kuwabara was still struggling, but finally, one of the youki caught him. San gasped, ready to take action, but her mate held her there. She was confused, but chose not to question him at that time. She understood that they couldn't make any moves yet.

"LET HIM GO!" Yusuke screamed. Kuwabara was struggling, but the demons couldn't take him with the barrier still intact.

"When the judgement comes, you simple apparitions can eat whatever you like. Until then," Sensui powered up his spirit energy, "Don't spoil it," he said, sending his attack at the demons who had Kuwabara. Their hands vanished, "C class apparitions are like seeds, abundant and worthless. But one of every hundred grows to a B class with the brains and the strength that can easily surpass a humans," then he looked at the group, "Want to tell us first hand? Hiei? Kurama? San?" Kurama glared at Sensui, "And then from the leap, just handful takes another big leap, intellect close to omnipotence, body's of huge size of power. Creatures fit for legend, like the titans of Greek Myth."

"I'm getting really tired of hearing you talk," said Yusuke.

"They are the A class demons. They're probably watching us right now from the pits of Makai, waiting for their chance to rise to glory."

"Spare me the pep rally. You're going to kill people you were supposed to protect!"

"My job was to protect the universe as a whole. That's exactly what I'm doing. I've been trying to enlighten you, Yusuke. Don't you remember the doctor's words? Humanity is a disease."

"Can't you guys do this debate thing after you're done saving me?" exclaimed Kuwabara.

"Killing humans can't be that horrific to you, Yusuke. You would've killed the doctor if Genkai hadn't been there, and then Kurama killed a human child."

"We had to, it was for the greater good," declared Yusuke.

"And what if every human was bad?"

"I don't deal in 'what-ifs'."

Sensui smirked, "Mr. Makihara," he spoke. Gourmet looked over at them, and then he came to stand beside Sensui, leaving Kuwabara in the boat.

"That's Gourmet," said Mitarai. What was it about humans that provoked them to state the obvious?

"Oh great. Does he cook?" Where would they be without Yusuke's sarcasm?

"If you can kill Mr. Makihara right now, I'll give Kuwabara back to you unharmed," said Sensui.

"What?" Yusuke looked outraged. Kuwabara yelled something, but San couldn't decipher what he was saying.

"It's your choice. If you refuse the challenge, I'll deflect any other attack you make by using Kuwabara as a human shield."

Gourmet walked up with a smile on his face. Yusuke was preparing for battle.

"Don't trust Sensui's word," said Kurama. San looked at him incredulously, "We'll make a push for Kuwabara the first chance we get. In the meantime, just play along."

"Touching Seaman. You want to save Kuwabara so badly just because he saved you," said Gourmet, "But at the same time you're terrified of Mr. Sensui find out how much your new buddy means to you, aren't you?"

"What?" Mitarai was stunned.

"You're scared Sensui will kill him to punish you for being a traitor," Gourmet concluded. Then he looked at her mate, "But you've got a juicier one, don't you Kurama?" San glared at this human, "You're a lot more torn up from killing Game Master than Yusuke believes." Kurama's eyes hardened, and San growled. "Not only are you riddled with guilt, but you're embarrassed. Youko Kurama would never be so weak."