Mission Briefing

Anger. That was all she could see in those green orbs in front of her. They bore into her tawny eyes, as she stood defiantly in front of her mate. Their plan was over, and Genkai had stepped forward, revealing herself the mastermind. San had also gotten rid of her disguise, and she was happy about it. She expected her mate to be vexed with her, but she was following orders, and he had to understand that. At least he wasn't in much more pain, that was something she hated seeing more than anger. Genkai and San stood in front of Botan, Hiei, Kurama, and Yusuke.

"A tunnel? But how?" asked Yusuke. Yes, a tunnel, that was being drilled with Sakyo's technology. Someone had restored it, and was trying to carry out his last wish before death. That was his goal going into the Dark Tournament.

"There is a border zone dividing our world and there's. Somehow, there is a breach in that zone," said Genkai.

"It is known as the Pseudo Space," began Kurama. San stared intently, the defiance still evident in her eyes, "Time portals of it have been opened from time to time, allowing demons such as Hiei, San and myself to slip through. But they are rare, and quickly close, trapping us."

"Hn. You're wrong old hag. If there were a hole out of this vile world, I would have taken it," said Hiei.

"Getting you to believe me would have been a pain in the ass. I'll let you see it yourself," said Genkai. The room was silent, the others waiting for her to make a move.

"Enough suspense, where is it?" asked Yusuke.

"Mushiyori City."

"Mushiyori City?" exclaimed Yusuke, "That close? That's like a Sunday afternoon drive from here." San had no idea what they were talking about. She had only been around the city, isolated mostly at the temple She was brought out of her thoughts by buzzing noise.

"Uh, that must be Koenma," said Botan. She set down the case and opened it. They all gathered around to see what he had to say. San happened to fall in beside Kurama, and she sighed sadly. He looked at her, but her eyes were focused on the screen. He couldn't help but be angry at her, all the sorrow he felt over the past few weeks, and she didn't even tell him that she was alive. Instead, she just played a game, deceiving him.

"Botan, is Yusuke with you? This is an emergency!" San saw Koenma appear on the screen.

"We're all here Koenma. Is this about the border-tunnel?" asked Genkai.

"Genkai! I forgot I brought you back to life!"

"You're slow on the uptake this time. It seems that whoever's doing this is has used the typical 'long after the tournament' that caught even you off guard. In the last month, over thirty humans have come to me for help, suddenly finding themselves to have an assortment of supernatural powers. These two are prime examples," said Genkai, referring to Mitsunari and Kido standing beside San, "The traits of the effect may vary, but they share one thing in common. They all come from Mushiyori City."

"I guess a small part of me is happy that the influence hasn't stretched further yet. But that means that we've already advanced into stage two."

"Stage two? What does that mean? You moved into training pants?" asked Yusuke. San stifled a laugh.

"No. No it doesn't, but I'm not sure how much of it I can reveal. It is secret high classified information from the highest division of Rekai intelligence."

"Well how can I help you if I don't know anything?"

"You make an interesting point. Okay everyone, here's how it shakes down. There are four stages to such an apocalyptic breach. The first stage is demon energy thickens in the human world, allowing demon parasites to thrive. As the size of the breach increases, we move to stage two, in which normal humans find themselves blessed with super human powers. Now stage three is where things really heat up. Demon energy floods the streets, and low class monsters spawn at will. They aren't smart, or strong, but they are violent. In the fourth and final stage, the border tunnel breach retrieves a stabilized diameter over two kilometers, allowing total passage."