A Means to an End

"I'm sorry I got delayed. Traffic was a bitch," said Yusuke. Moriko smiled. Where would they be without his comments or sarcasm? This was amazing, the mazuko was alive within him. The power emitting from him was intense, and she felt secured for the first time since this whole battle had started. Yusuke came to the ground, staring down his enemy, Koenma and Puu at his side. At least, Moriko assumed it was Puu.

"Impossible..." trailed Sensui.

"Is... that him...?" said Hiei in shock.

"How remarkable," Moriko stated.

"Some friends you are. Ditching a guy when he's down and then hoggin' the bad guy all to yourselves. I got to admit, I'm disappointed at you jerks. Did you honestly think I'd just lie there and let you guys fight my battles for me? Give me a break," said Yusuke, walking up to them.

"Urameshi!" yelled Kuwabara, "But you were... you were definitely dead, I swear it. You're heart stopped beating, I double checked!"

"Yeah, I can't explain that. In fact, my ticker's still not tickin', I guess I should be worried, huh?"

Moriko burst out laughing, just as Youko and Hiei did. Yusuke began to laugh to.

"You'll get used to that," said Youko, "You see, demon hearts don't beat in the conventional human sense."

"Demon?" exclaimed Kuwabara.

"Yes, demon," said Koenma, walking over to them as well.

"I-I keep hoping I'll wake up soon," said Kuwabara.

"It's no dream. Yusuke has had dormant blood inside him. Mazuko blood, which explains a few things, I'd say."

"Funny story. One of my ancestors way back was this mazuko guy. So when I died, I was able to come back, but like him," said Yusuke. Kuwabara was outraged.

"So you are a demon?" said Kuwabara.

"Raizen," Moriko stated. They all looked at her in question, "He was the one who mated with a kinswoman of yours. He's been hoping for you're awakening soon."

"Raizen?" Youko questioned, wondering how his mate knew such a demon.

"Transmigration," Sensui put in before anyone could ask her further, "The atavism of the mazuko."

"That's correct," confirmed Koenma.

"I had no idea you were one of us, Yusuke. How's it feel to be so superior?" asked Hiei.

"Uhh... Honestly, I don't really feel all that different now. I mean, I haven't sprouted horns or extra eyes yet. But I do have this sudden burning desire to tear this guy to pieces. So how about it Sensui? Ready to feed some worms?" Yusuke's attention.

"Back off, Yusuke. We're in the middle of something, and I've suddenly discovered my second wind," said Hiei.

"No Hiei, I will take him," said Youko, powering up.

"You both should know never to get in the way of a woman's work," Moriko smiled, her powers of darkness blazing.

"What is this? A prom date dispute? I mean, I'm sure Sensui's flattered by the popularity and all, but this is my damn fight. I hate to say it, Kuwabara, but you're the only one acting sane," said Yusuke.

But Kuwabara was powering up too. He jumped to his feet, "I'm ready! And better than ever! So stand back, cause I can kick his ass myself!"

"You do realize he'll be kicking back?" asked Hiei dryly.

"Yeah and after him, you're next!"

"There won't be a next."

"Shut up!"