Chapter 47: The City of Love

Start from the beginning

"You planned all of this?" I asked, still in disbelief.

"Of course," he grinned.

He intertwined our fingers in the elevator. Paris looked so gorgeous at night and we both stood there staring into the night and the streets of Paris. Neymar slid one hand around my waist and pulled me closer to him. I leaned my head on his shoulder. He kissed my hair and leaned his head on mine. We stayed like that, enjoying the gorgeous view until the elevator reached the top.

"Next surprise," Neymar said and led the way into the gorgeous restaurant that had the best view ever. The place was empty and we seemed to be the only customers. I was sure that Neymar had reserved this place just for the two of us. A friendly waiter greeted us and showed us to the best table because it had a magnificent view over the Seine River.

"You are awfully quiet baby," Neymar said with a worried face after we took a seat at our table.

I leaned over the table and kissed him without saying anything. I parted my lips from his after a while and left him breathless.

"Damn," he panted. "What was that for?" he asked still trying to catch his breath.

"For everything," I said and bit my lip.

He chuckled and called the waiter.

"A bottle of your most expensive wine please," he requested.

"Right away monsieur," the waiter said with a heavy French accent.

"Neymar, you are spending way too much!"

"On whom should I spend my money if not on the people I love?"

"But this is just...insane!" I exclaimed.

"Other guys treat their dates like princesses, but I treat mine like a queen," he smirked.

"Charmer," I said, rolling my eyes.

Neymar smirked and gave me a naughty wink.

"Your wine sir. Echezeaux Grand Cru from the year 2008. It's a Pinot Noir red wine, medium to full-bodied and dry. It's a very excellent wine and I can guarantee you that you will both enjoy it very much. The price is 750 euros a bottle," the waiter said.

I gasped at the price as Neymar thanked the waiter.

He poured us each a glass and said, "Enjoy," and left our table.

"750 euro a bottle? Are you insane?"

Neymar smirked and said, "Let's make a toast."

I sighed and took the glass in my hand.

"To an unforgettable night," he said as we clinked our glasses.

I carefully took a sip of the wine and let the rich flavor please my taste buds.

"I think it was worth the price, judging by that sexy expression on your face," Neymar grinned.

"Damn! I don't think I have ever tasted something like this!" I sighed in delight.

"Oh, you will now," Neymar smirked and leaned over the table to kiss my lips.

"The wine was better," I winked, teasingly.

Neymar glared at me.

"What would you like to eat mademoiselle?" he asked, faking a French accent.

"I don't even feel hungry, you have filled me with happiness," I sighed.

"Awww baby!"

Neymar took a seat next to me and snaked his arms around me from behind. We both looked out of the window over the Seine River, over the illuminated city of Paris.

"I don't ever want this moment to end," Neymar whispered into my ear.

"Me neither." 

Neymar kissed the side of my cheek and held me tighter. I felt so safe, loved, and completely happy in his arms.

We finally ended up having dinner around 12 am. The food was heavenly just like this whole night had been. The waiter had filled our table with the most delicious-looking dishes from oysters, to lobsters and caviar of course. I think we hugged and kissed way more than ate our food though. But what mattered was, that we were both really happy and in our little world tonight. 

After the perfect dinner at the Eiffel Tower, Neymar and I had a romantic walk along the Seine River. We were both a bit tipsy, due to finishing that wine bottle and we couldn't keep our hands off each other either. Neymar's arm was around my waist and he held me close as we had our romantic night walk. We stopped and turned around to look at the full view of the breathtaking Eiffel Tower.

"Now I understand why they call it the City of Love," I said.

Neymar smiled and hugged me tightly from behind. We stood there admiring the tower for a couple of minutes in complete silence.

Neymar released me from the hug and said, "Let's head back, it's getting late." 

I nodded and we walked back to the place where we had gotten out of the car. The same car waited for us there. I leaned my head on Neymar's shoulder and closed my eyes once we stepped inside. I think I must have fallen asleep, because when I woke up I was inside his jet, covered with a blanket.

"Neymar?" I asked in a husky voice.

"Awake babe?"

He was sitting across the room, watching TV. He turned it off and walked over to me. He crawled onto the couch next to me and pecked my lips.

"Did I fall asleep in the car?"

"Yes, baby," he smiled, tucking a few loose strands of hair behind my ear.

He stroked my cheek and looked me deeply in the eyes.

"Tonight was perfect," I said.

"I'm glad you liked it," he smiled.

"I didn't like it, I loved it! It was amazing, unbelievable...dreamy," I sighed with glistering eyes.

Neymar chuckled and said, "Anything to make my girl happy."

Neymar's fingers stroked down my neck ever so softly. I shivered and closed my eyes automatically.

"Last surprise," he whispered into my ear and bit my ear lobe.

He got up from the couch, opened a drawer, and got something out.