Chapter 2

Chapter 2. 

----------------

I pulled away from my best mate, staring down into his soft, hazel-brown eyes. We have come a long way from X-factor, and out of everything that has happened to us, of One Direction, I’m glad, with all honesty, that I had met a good, noble friend like Zayn. Zayn seems happy, staring back at me, intently. “See ya tomorrow there, Zee,” I said, walking back to my car a short distance away. When I opened the door and sat down, Danielle pulled at my collar and planted a fat kiss on my lips, her glossy, pink lipstick smearing onto my face. “Whoa there, babe. What’s that all about?”

“Can’t a girl just express her feelings once in a while,” she smiled at me, but her eyes seemed fixed on something else. I looked back to follow her gaze, but there was no one. Just the empty lot I had just come from with Zayn. She pouted her full lips and I leaned once more to give a quick kiss. “Lets go to dinner,” she suggested, jumping back into her seat. 

I smiled, thinking about the hug with Zayn. He seems bothered by something. I was planning to go visit him at his flat with some pizza and pop, but how can I deny my girlfriend? Especially when she’s cheeky like a little schoolgirl. I’ll visit him after I drop her off, I decide, pulling out of the parking lot and heading down to my favorite restaurant at the Homeland Hotel. When we arrive, I open the door for her, before valet could and handed the chap, who looked my age, my keys and he took it smiling widely. It was nothing much. Just last year’s Audi edition I got as a present from my parents. I still didn’t know what to think about it. I wasn’t much of a pompous, over-the-top kind of guy, but I couldn’t refuse my father and mother’s infectious grin when they handed me the keys for the first time. 

Danielle and I walk into the white paneled lobby, decked with golden colored brass, lining the edges and corners of the wall, and a marvelous Greek painting of angels on the roof, that looked marvelously exquisite. Danielle takes a hold of my arm, wrapping hers around mine, and we make our way to the restaurant across the way. At once, without reservation, the hostess offered us the best table in the house. A private partition with a spectacular view of London, and also some needed seclusion. There were only a few paparazzi men outside, but still, the welcome change of being under radar was a bit appealing. The hostess laid out the menu and walked away to give us some time to decide. Danielle haphazardly skimmed through the menu, and chose to go with something healthy, her original, a plain salad with no dressing. I, on the other hand, ordered the steak with mash and corn. A dish my father always made for me when we would have a family barbecue. I sipped on my water, looking across the table to Danielle. She was a masterpiece, draped in the five hundred dollar, corduroy top I bought her with a matching, flowing skirt and beige pumps. 

“You look beautiful,” I complimented. “I’m glad you came with me to work today. For the longest time, I really wanted you to see what I do.”

“Oh, I saw more than enough work,” she said the word work sarcastically. I suddenly grew flabbergasted. What was wrong? And if she could hear my thoughts, Danielle looked at my confused expression, rolled her eyes and scoffed. “Honestly, Liam. The hugging, the touching, the ass smacks, you don’t see it, do you?” 

“See what?” my eyes narrow. What is she getting at? 

Danielle exhales sharply. “He’s got it bad for you, Liam.” She leans back in her seat, taking another look at her phone. “You can be so obtuse sometimes.”

“Obtuse,” I said, confused, shocked. “I don’t understand.”

Danielle sighed heavily, looking across the silverware to meet my wondering eyes. “Zayn, Liam. It didn’t take me more than a minute to see that he’s in love with you.”