Chapter 1

I am but a slave in his arms. He wraps those strong, sinewy arms around my waist as we embrace  for a long moment before leaving to our separate flats. It’s a routine hug we always shared since the first days of X-Factor. That’s where our friendship had blossomed in the first place. But to me, the hug has stopped turning friendly a long time ago. I feel more when he hugs me. A spark, if you will. They’re no longer just Liam’s arms. They are the property to the boy who I’ve fallen head over heels in love with. I sniff in his tantalizing scent that can only be described as Liam. If he sold a cologne resembling his scent, I would buy the entire stock and warehouse, just so I could engulf myself in his smell. I would spray the cologne all over my body, thinking of him taking me from behind. His hair swept over my spine as he pushed deep inside of me, a loud growl coursing through his hard chest and through his juicy, pouty lips as he lost himself inside of me, and I lost myself in his arms. Yes . . . it’s been difficult, nonetheless, to be so close to Liam and want so much more. But I take his embraces when they come. Right now, he’s hugging me the usual way. His arms are tight around my waist, his chin resting on my head as I secretly indulge in his masculine, sweet smell. He lets go after a moment, but I hold him for a second longer before pulling away. The sun is in his eyes, causing those cute, puppy dog eyes to sparkle like a million stars in the night sky. 

“See ya tomorrow there, Zee,” he smiled, rubbing my shoulder before walking to his car. Danielle had been sitting in the passenger seat, staring at me with a full-on, hateful glare. I blushed, looking away. I guess she noticed my lingering on her boyfriend. But quite honestly, I didn’t care because now Liam’s scent was on me, and as I made my way to my car parked across the lot, I sunk my nose down, to the hem of my shirt and took in his scent in long, deep breaths. I don’t think I would ever get tired of Liam’s scent. But it always weighed heavy on my heart. For a while, Niall and I started a fling we’ve been keeping to ourselves. Which was definitely hard to keep from the boys. Of course Niall wanted to tell them, to tell them to back off and that I was his, but I fought against it. My excuse was that I wasn’t ready to be exclusive, and didn’t want to put myself out their because I’ve been hurt far too many times. Which was a lame . . . and totally bogus cop out because the only person I’ve ever been with was Niall. He didn’t need to know though. For me, he was just a nice commodity for when the nights started to turn sour. Mostly, when I would dream about being in Liam’s arms. Niall was more than happy to oblige and had a driver drop him off to my flat where he would take me, and hopefully erase Liam from my thoughts. But even with making love, it was difficult because my mind always roamed to the tall, brown-eyed, completely cheeky boy who I wished was making love to me instead. 

I sighed before jumping into the driver seat. And before I knew it, I was dialing Niall’s number. He answered on the first ring.

“Hey babe,” he said in his thick Irish accent. “Something got you down?”

I tapped on the steering wheel, keeping the feelings of Liam to myself. I know if Niall was to find it, it would break his heart into pieces. And I hate what I was doing to him. Using him as a toy. He didn’t deserve it. But no matter how much times I told myself to end it with him, I would immediately think about ending up alone, and I hold my tongue. Don’t get me wrong, I love Niall. Most definitely. But it’s a different type of love. Something less substantial to the way I feel when I think about Liam. With Niall, it feels more like a passing phase. And with Liam, it’s raw, so animalistic, what I yearn, what I need, to be challenged. Niall just gives into me so easily. I don’t want a perfect, neutral relationship. I need to be pushed, to be tested, to feel that searing fire of passion that only appears when two people are fighting for dominance, for love. 

“Can you meet me at my flat?” I asked, scratching my head, thinking if this was a good idea. “I don’t think I can stand being alone tonight.” I can hear Josh laughing in the background, and what sounds like a bag of chip, crinkling in the distance. “If you’ve got company, that’s okay. I’ll just call it an early night. No big deal.” But my voice is pained. I really needed Niall to block out Liam . . . even if it was for only a short while.