Trippy Dippy

Eliza POV

Death. Who would've guessed it. And I was mauled by a dino-bird, nonetheless.

It was cold in death, like I was put in a fridge to chill. For a long time, I thought that was it; Lost forever in the dark in a creepily self-aware conscience. I felt empty in a way. Perhaps it would be better explained as feeling...unanchored. I had no body, no free will, nor ability to do anything. I was nothing more than a lost spirit, I suppose.

I was imprisoned in a spookily self-aware state by nothing, left to reflect on every memory I had ever come to collect. Not every reflection was a paradise but each one told a story of better times. Even being run out of states was considerably much more enjoyable than death. Throughout the last few years, I had lost many friends I could never reconnect with - - the Pines included. Maybe if I was lucky, I could meet Stephen somewhere in the desolate afterlife.

Until I could meet anyone again, I had to look back on everything, see where I went wrong in life. If I had any chances of reincarnation, I wasn't about to mess anything up a second or third time. I especially had to look back on how I treated people; I was an angry 12 year old.

Sierra Zoey? I shouldn't have punched her in the face. True, it was out of panic, but still...I broke her nose. That was too far.

That kid with the bike? I didn't know him but I treated him like garbage.

Gideon? I have nothing to say about him, nothing nice, at least.

Mabel? I shouldn't have called her psychotic when I met her. She was just trying to help Dipper in her own way. She could have toned it down a bit, but...ya know.

Dipper. I definitely could have been nicer to him. He was my first friend in Gravity Falls. I forced him to do a video for ViewTube, and I never posted it or made another one. And, you know what, since I'm dead, I'll admit it: he was cute and I liked him. Mabel, Stan, Soos, and even Bill had every right to poke at us.

And...Stephen. "Nicer" doesn't even begin to say how much better I could have treated him.

"Eliza?"

His voice still lingered in my mind.

"Eliza!"

It kept repeating itself, getting louder each time.

"ELIZA!"

Why did he have to haunt my mind?! Did he think I was the one who killed him?!

"ELIZA!"

Something came over me in a silent burst: a heavy physical pressure. Suddenly, I could feel my body again. I tried to wiggle my toes but that fuzzy-television-snow-static-pins-and-needles buzz had me completely paralyzed. All I could do was open my eyes and blink.

Upon opening my eyes, I saw a shining silver circle above me. Etched into the metallic-looking surface was my Llama symbol. It shined down on me in a blue outline.

I dropped.

"Eliza, hey! Oh, thank goodness. You won't be able to move for a bit, but you're fine!" Stephen yelled from a somewhat far distance. I could almost see him but my nose was in the way. "I just... D-don't freak out when you sit up! You're fine!" I still couldn't budge.

"She's not fine! Who ya tryin'a kid?" Gideon.

"Oh, man! What happened to her?!" The guy we stole the bike from? "She-she's covered in- -"

"Robbie, just relax. Remember what we talked about," Stephen said calmingly.

"R-right. Getting scared only empowers him," Robbie muttered.