The Unknown

Eliza's POV

        My index finger burned furiously upon making contact with the battling energies before me. The worst part was that I couldn't move a single muscle, preventing the longed for involuntary retraction of my limb.

        I could still hear everyone's screams to extract myself from my position, but those desperate calls weren't properly processed through my mind. Their voices rung in my ears, words becoming slurred and indecipherable, until all I could hear was a high-pitched ring.

        A force suddenly pulled me into the combined battling energies of Gideon and Bill. I then unwillingly collapsed to my knees as my being reached the center of the battle. A strong warmth overcame my body, almost like the previous burning sensation that attacked my finger a moment ago. Strangely enough, this was not burning me at all.

        At some point during all of this, I had managed to clamp my eyes shut. Honestly, I no longer wanted to possess my, as I've named it, Blindsight. That whole Blind Eye thing I had gone on about earlier really freaked me out and the Blindsight didn't make it any better. It especially didn't make anything better when I saw that cloud of brick red energy-ectoplasm-gaseous stuff.

        When my family was in Virginia, I believe I stumbled onto a disturbing fantasy book called "Follow the Blind Eye" in the school's library. I suppose that when I remembered the old book I sparked some kind of reaction of God-knows-what. In all seriousness, however, I have no clue where any of that rambling came from earlier.

        "Come on Llama...open...those eyes..." Bill's voice grunted over the ringing as he continued to fight Gideon. Question: how would that help him? I've only ever caused him pain and the joy of blinding myself. I'm already blind, so...?

        "Llama?" Gideon repeated in between panting. "You...mean to tell me...that...cow is part of...all of this?"

        "I take offense to that!" I screamed, now face down in the dirt, protecting my face.

        "Llama, open your eyes," Bill hissed through his nonexistent teeth. I still refused to do so, but that didn't stop him from making it happen. What felt like a giant hand grabbed my face, prying it from the ground. I gritted my teeth, doing what I could to stay glued the loose dirt beneath me. However, not even the smallest amount of effort I put seemed to affect the outcome.

        My eyes opened against my will as soon as I was sitting up. A powerful gust, feeling like it was composed of daggers and swords, blew into my face, into my eyes. It hurt, but at the same time the wind gave me a comforting cold sensation as it cooled the liquid that kept my eyes moist. After what seemed like an eternity, it stopped. There was no slowing of the wind, it just stopped. I blinked a few times as I attempted to get up, now incredibly lightheaded.

        My eyes still open, I realized that I could no longer see any energy. Everything was still black, however. The question is whether that's a good thing or a bad thing...

        Sounds began flooding back to me. The first thing I heard, or at least thought I did, was a pair of shoes crunching against gravel and dirt. Their pace was quick, and the sound seemed to get louder by the second.

        A weak yelp escaped my lips as I felt someone pick me up. "Hold on, kid," a gruff voice said. Then and there I knew it was Stan. He had grabbed me from my spot and carelessly thrown my body over his shoulder. He began running again, back towards the others. "Soos, get the car!" Stan ordered.

        "Right!"

        "What about my Gideon?! What happened to my angel?!" Gideon's father yelled, seeming to be in a panic.