☙ s i x t y - t w o

Start from the beginning

My jaw was on the floor, along with many others. I couldn't tear my eyes away from my Harry, the aura of both confidence and anger radiated off of him, making it impossible to look away.

"But you are wrong." Harry continued, moving closer to his father as his green eyes never wavered away from the king's. "Wearing a crown on my head or sitting on a throne never gave me the right to treat the masses the way you taught me how to." He was screaming now, his rough voice bouncing off the walls of the room only to hit out ears once more. "All this time we bathed in wealth while half the kingdom starved to death everyday! We stayed locked up, completely relaxed and comfortable in that damn castle while majority of our people didn't even have a blanket to cover them through winter!"

Harry stood in front of his cowering father now, his fist slams once against the table, shaking it and the king himself. "Just because we're royalty, doesn't mean we get a pass for acting inhuman!" His eyes meet mine briefly. "Just because I am the prince, doesn't mean everything I do is right." He says, voice softer now, as if after a long battle with himself he finally comes to a resolution.

And to say I was proud of him was an understatement.I had tears in my eyes, chills on my skin, and a heart that was beating extremely fast as Harry's eyes remained glued to mine. I don't know when or how he had started to realize these thing, but I was so happy that he finally had.

Alas, our moment doesn't stand for long, as the idiotic king himself stands to his feet. "That's quite the speech you had there, son." He says, placing his connected hand over his stomach. "And now what would you like me to do? Give away all our wealth while we're on war? Give out all our resources to lowly people instead of giving them to the soldiers? Or perhaps open the castle doors to commonfolk, hmm?" The king mocks as if he thought that he had cornered his son, and although Harry was definitely taller, he was clearly laughing at him.

Harry locks his jaw, another battle clearly taking place as his green eyes never wavered from the king. And his next words wiped the smile off of his father's reddened face. "Step down from the throne and let me lead our people." He says, not a hint of doubt present in his voice.

The king freezes, and so do I - and everyone else in the room, as a matter of fact. My heart stops, unable to comprehend what burden Harry was asking to carry.

The silence in the room only broke when the king broke out in another fit of laughter, although nervousness was clear in the way it was so breathy. His eyes look around, waiting for his guards to laugh with him, but it wasn't a shock when no one else joined him.

Even the guards, though strangers to the type of sufferings the lower villagers go through, know that Harry would make a better leader than his father.

The king soon realizes that no one planned on joining him in his nervous laughter, and so he clears his throat and scoffs. "You? A boy? A boy leading the greatest kingdom on earth? That's rubbish!" He says.

"He is more of a man than you will ever be." The voice was female, but it didn't come from me nor my sister.

Whispers erupt in the room as the doors opened. I turned around in my seat too, eyes widening as the queen enters, her body clad in rags, surprisingly. I had never seen Anne dressed in anything but the best the kingdom could have, so it was quite the shock.

"And what is a whore doing in my house?!" The king snaps.

"This is my house, as the North Kingdom must be too." Harry replies, tone flat.

Lea jumps from my grip and onto the table again, although this time she doesn't attack the king. "Step down from your throne." She demanded, head held high and small hands in fists, one empty, one holding her knife.

I remained seated, watching the guards along the walls, and the people who entered with Anne murmur. Until the small whispers turn into a wave of people talking all at once.

And what shocked me the most is how all of them agreed. All of them demanding the king to relinquish his crown and give it to Harry, who stood there staring at me, trying to hold in a smile.

"Fine!" The king yells, silencing everyone in the room. "You want me out, then fine!" He screams, face red in both embarrassment and anger. He rips off the crown on his head and tosses it against Harry's chest, plunging the room into a silence that was almost deafening.

Harry was frozen, as if he was expecting more of a fight from his father, just like everyone else was.

In the end, it was Lea who first moved. She walked on the table, side stepping the food that was laid out on it. She glares at the king before reaching out and taking the crown from Harry's hands.

The whole room looked on as my little sister, slowly places the crown on top of Harry's head. And it that moment, everyone in that room knew the crown was finally on the right head.

Lea turns around and lifted her fist in the air, her knife held within it. "King of the North!" She shouts.

A chorus of men repeated her words almost instantly. "King of the North!"

_______________

Game Of Thrones reference lol. Hurray for an early update and character development! Appreciate it! Please I'm needy.

Thank you to all the nice words in the last part btw I needed that so thanks so much guys ily!

-johnny depp (bc why not)