Chapter 9

Cole's POV

Will, Gabe, David and Dalton have all been taken by that son of a bleep. Now it's just Dana and I. I wonder who's next?

It's a fifty-fifty chance of course. Although, I honestly hope it's me. Dana is younger after all. He should live out his life a bit more, y'know. Ok, yes, we're kidnapped and there is absolutely no hope for escape. Well, at least in my eyes there's not. Dalton sure is overly optimistic though.

Oh well.

"Cole?" Dana asks, since Dalton left there was no reason for me and Dana to be on opposite sides of the room so I had moved so I was basically where he could touch me.

"Yeah?" I answer back, almost taking too long to reply.

"C-can we pretend that we're just rehearsing the song for choir together?" Dana asks shakily.

That's actually a good idea. It'll take our minds off the current situation. Plus, if we planned the song out for nothing then we at least might as well sing it.

"I'll sing David and Dalton's parts, you can sing Gabe and Will's parts." I say "With your own parts too of course."

I start tapping on the floor, making a beat.

"I'm friends with the monster that's under my bed,

Get along with the voices inside of my head,

You're trying to save me stop holding your breath,

And you think I'm crazy, yeah, you think I'm crazy

Well that's not fair."

"Bum-bum-bee-dum-bum-bum-bee-dum-bum,

Bum-bum-bee-dum-bum-bum-bee-dum-bum,

No more gas in the rig."

Can't even get it started."

"Nothing heard, nothing said."

"Can't even speak about it

All my life in my head

Don't wanna think about it"

"Feel like I'm going insane, yeah, yeah."

We finished up the song and almost completely forgot where we were in the process. I know it would've sounded better with the others though. That's saying something because it sounded good anyways.

After all, Will has perfect pitch, Dalton's a great guitar player and singer, Gabe has a great rapping voice and David, I've only heard him sing once so I don't know about him. He knows how to make friends though, that's a good thing.

"That was great, thanks Cole." Dana smiles.

"No problemo Dana m'boy." I say in a horrible redneck accent. "Y'all had better have had a good time because I don't want ya to feel bad and shiz."

"Shiz?" Dana laughs.

"What?" I raise my eyebrow, which I am very good at doing might I add.

"You go to great lengths to not swear." He chuckles

I roll my eyes, then extend my hand out so the back of it is facing him. Then I pull down all of my fingers except one. He generally looks surprised at me flipping him off and widens his eyes.