T W E N T Y T H R E E

Taylor hovers above my previously sleeping body. Her eyes are wide with excitement. "Get up! We have nails, hair, and the dresses to get on. The salon opens in ten and we have to gt there on time before they give our time slot to someone else. Oh, aren't you excited? You're getting married! And in a day's time you're going to be on your honeymoon! You lucky, lucky pregnant Luna." She helps me up, despite the pounding headache in my head from her loud voice.

"Can we bring the excitement down until the clock strikes eight?" Taylor's eyes widen.

"Hun, the ceremony may not start until six, but we have so much to do. We're going to go get your hair and nails done, get waxed, eyebrows threaded, then we have to check the venue for the ceremony and the reception. We have a lot to do, chop chop! Put on comfy shoes and a dress! Let's go!" Taylor screeches like some type of wild animal, despite the fact she's a werewolf. "Nikol and Lyssy went on a run because they couldn't stand my bossiness."

I glare at her all the way out the door. The front door slams behind her. My nostrils flare but I grab some clothes, a sun dress, and a pair of jelly flip flops. I toss my hair into a messy bun on top of my head. Nikol's little brown wolf comes skipping from the woods, followed by Alyssa's blonde wolf. Multiple people, in wolf form and human, run around today. The excitement of the alpha wedding lingers in the air. I can hear woman speaking about it, children asking about it, men grumbling about it.

"Darcy Elaine Meadows Thorn! Get your ass out here! The sun is coming up so you better be up!" Taylor yells from outside. I turn to her once I'm out the door.

"I have no idea what Ian sees in you," I groan. She smiles as the two other girls come up to me. Nikol's four year old daughter, Penelope, is going to be our flower girl. Her son, Penelope's twin brother, Gaston, is going to be the ring bearer. They're the most adorable little children I've ever encountered. As soon as I met them they attached to my legs and started calling me Auntie Cici. My heart melted the second the words left their lips. Both have black curly hair and big brown eyes.

"I'm so excited for you, Cici," Alyssa smiles throwing her arm on my shoulder, since she's taller than me by a few inches. "You're finally becoming the Cici Melly and I used to play with. All girly and shit."

"You may be speaking too soon. I can promise you I am not changing for anything," I tell her with a stern glare. She shrugs her shoulders, a ghost of a smirk on her face. Bitch.

She may be a bitch, but that's why she's your friend. My wolf snickers and claws at me. But I know once the offspring is out, we're going for a run. I feel trapped, like an animal.

You are an animal.

You don't need to rub it in, Darcy-Pop.

Fine, Wolfy-Que.

You can say my wolf and I have a good relationship. Nikol coming skipping over, once dressed, with a smile that could light up the entire continent of Africa. She pulls me into a warm hug. "You're finally becoming my sister! You feel like one already. My kids love you, my mate thinks you're amazing, my brother absolutely adores you, and I think you're a force to be reckoned with. You're absolutely delicious! I could eat you up, darling!"