E I GH T E E N

♚ Dane's POV ♚

Sitting in bed the small, dainty ring looks odd in my hand. I'm a big guy, a very big guy. But I'm sitting in bed, while my mate, who's four months pregnant, sleeps, thinking about if I should propose or not. I could just slip the ring on her finger like in that movie Taylor and Darcy were watching the other day. I could take her on a fancy date with candles and french foods I can't pronounce. I could just not ask her. There are so many things I could do, but what will I do? That's the real question.

"Dane," Darcy moans as her big, blue eyes open for the first time today. She looks absolutely lovely with her hair messy, a drunken smile on her face, and the big stomach that shows the world how much I adore my mate. "Why are you sitting all the way over there? I need cuddles!" I slip the ring under the mattress swiftly as I stand.

Her arms wrap around my body as we lay together. The intense scent of her skin sends blood straight to my manhood. She jumps up, away from me.

"C'mere," I urge trying to pull her over. She shakes her head, crossing her arms. "What's wrong, baby girl?"

"You may not like-."

She's cut off by the door opening. Asher stands with his arms crossed at the doorway. "Sorry to interrupt, Luna. But we need Alpha Dane for an emergency meeting." She glares at him before slipping from bed, and slamming our bathroom door behind her. He looks back at me. "Did I say something wrong?"

I shrug. "Who knows. She's hormonal." Maybe I'm the one that said something wrong. My legs are clad in a pair of jeans in no time. Asher and I make out way to my office. Anthony and his father sit on the leather couch.

"So, how's tonight going to be?" Ant asks with a smirk.

"I thought we have an emergency meeting."

"We do, this is an emergency. You're a mess."

♛ Darcy's POV ♛

My hands wrap completely around the hot mug of hot chocolate. Taylor and Ian sit across from me at one of the new dining tables. Many pack members are already in here playing games and just hanging around. Dane and I are scheduled to move into our little 'den' in a few days. Until then, our boxes sit on the floor of the bedroom we occupy.

"Why are you upset, Derp?" Ian asks with a light smile. My lips lift a centimeter at his nickname for me. He thinks I'm a big derp. So he calls me Derp. I shrug as my finger traces the shapes on the mug.

"I'm not upset, per say. I'm just. . . how do I say it. . . I don't know. Maybe it's because I have the strangest craving for beef jerky but I'm so agitated. I wake up to Dane sitting on the opposite side of the bed, then he holds me with a böner in his pants, and then Asher walks in when I start talking to Dane about something important," I answer with a frown. One of my hands is pried from the mug so Tay can hold it.

"You should just tell him. He won't be mad at you for not wanting to have sex before you're married anymore. You aren't kids anymore, you need to speak with him," she tells me. I roll my eyes at her. What does she know? All she does is fuck Ian like a horndog.

"She's right," Ian shrugs. Yeah, you agree with her Ian. Otherwise you won't be getting laid tonight.