N I N E T E E N

HEYY, IT'S ME
THE AUTHOR.

BEFORE THE CHAPTER STARTS I WANT TO THANK YOU GUYS! Y'ALL HAVE GIVEN THIS STORY SO MANY READS AND VOTES, I'M HAPPY WITH THE POPULARITY OF MY STORIES.  JUST CURIOUS, HOW DID YOU FIND MY BOOKS ANYWAY? WAS IT RECOMMENDED OR. . .?

NOW READ THE STORY ♥

Several females gather around me, gazing lovingly at my new rock. Taylor pulls me into a hug, trying not too hard to press down on my stomach. Dane stands before me, a permanent smile on his handsome face. One after one girls hug me and give their congratulations. Ian and I share a rather awkward hug before he leaves with Taylor, who's already sweating bullets. Dane's arm drapes over my shoulders.

"You know, for a second I thought you were going to say no," he confesses. His head dips down to my height. "Now come to bed with me." His like capture mine before I can talk.

As if my brain has lost all control my arms wrap around Dane's neck. Within seconds we're out the door and running down the pathway to our den. The doors are locked and Dane is on top of me instantly. Our lips reconnect with a firey passion my body can't help but shutter to. Before his hands can go down my pants I pull away from him. His shirt is gone, and so is mine, but everything else seems to be intact.

"We need to talk."

Those four words make Dane freeze. All lust is gone from his eyes. Worry glazes over. Those twelve letters have him sitting on the bed right beside me. I grab his hand, hesitantly, so our fingers are intertwined. We sit in silence for several minutes.

"Darcy-."

"Dane-."

Again we sit without speaking. Before I finally grow a pear (A/N: if you get the reference I'll love you forever) and just start talking. "Dane, you know I love you. I love you so much and I can't wait until we get married. But-."

"But?" Dane cuts me off with wide eyes. I scowl at him for cutting me off. I should cut his dïck off so we never have sex again. "What but? We're getting married-."

"I don't want to have sex until we're married."

Dane stops talking. His looks at me like I've gone crazy. His honey eyes are warm, but confused. The overwhelming feeling of rejection washes over my body, and I'm not the one feeling like this. I move myself onto Dane's lap, the only thing between us is my stomach. My hand let go of his so it can stroke his stubby face. Okay, he needs to shave a little. "Dane, don't be like this," I whisper against his face as our foreheads touch.

"How can I not? You basically don't want me anymore. Why did you say yes to my marriage proposal if you don't want me?" He questions, a frown sketched on his beautiful face. Now both of my hands are cupping his face so he's looking directly at me. I just want to kiss and hug him until we die, but this is what I want. If he doesn't want to then, I don't know what will happen to us.

"I want you," I tell him with wide eyes. "I want you so much. But I can have you in different ways. Sex- I want having sex with you to be special. If we continue to have sex everyday, the spontaneous, crazy, passionate sex is gone. I want spontaneous, crazy, passionate sex." He continues to frown.

"Why? After five months of being together, why now?" I scratch the back of my neck.

"The newly mated stage is done now," I whimper. The cold, hard truth comes slamming right in my face. This is serious. Dane and I are going to be parents in five months. We're engaged. We run a fucking pack for god sakes. "I'm so sorry. I don't want you to be angry-."

"I'm not angry." He stands from the bed. My eyes tear up as I watch him move to the door. His back is turned to me, but he stops walking away. "I feel rejected. See you later, I love you." He opens and closes the door behind him. He leaves me alone to nothing but my wolf. Tears fall down my cheeks.

He left us, I tell my wolf quietly. All she does is whimper.

Tay?

Hmm? She answers quickly, but I can tell I interrupted something. What's wrong? Why are you so quiet?

I told him. . .

And?

He left.

WHERE IS HE? I WANT TO BEAT HIS ASS. FORGET THAT, I'M COMING TO YOUR DEN SO WE CAN CUDDLE.

This is why Taylor is my best friend. The crack of my first sob echoes off the walls. Dane hasn't rejected me, I can still feel his emotions, but he's blocking me. What have I done for him to block me? All I did was tell the truth. Opening the back door the fresh air calms me slightly, but tears continue to fall. My wolf is itching to get out. Without much thought she comes out.

My obvious pregnant belly weights down my tummy a bit but it isn't bad.

Ahh, it's been too long. She speaks loudly as my snout goes up into the air to sniff around. Taylor comes running through the backdoor of the den.

"What are you doing?" She asks quietly while approaching me. Without hesitation I shift back, and reclothe myself. I'm pulling into a hug. "It's okay, he's just in shock. That's all."

Fresh tears soak her shift, my tears. We stay wrapped on each other's arms for hours. Together we lay in the grass staring at the sky. I've always wanted to fly, like the birds. They're so free, while I'm stuck in the pack life. Pack life has been wonderful lately, for the most part. Aside from all the death life has been looking up for me. I'm loved and have friends. I'm pregnant and my mate is the best mate in the world.

"You know, we should have a Besties' Day. September twenty third is going to be Besties' Day. It's the day we laid together for hours just comforting each other." We link pinkies as we stay on our backs. We turn our heads so we can look at each other.

"Promise?" My voice is quiet, the threat of tears coming on.

"Cross my heart."

HEYY, IT'S ME
THE AUTHOR.

KIND OF A LAME CHAPTER, SORRY.
JUST WANNA SAY THANKS TO elephant44
GO FOLLOOOWWWWW.
WELL, SEE YA

                -XOXO Mariah Lee