F O U R T E E N

♛ Darcy's POV ♛

A week.

A whole week of Dane being gone. There's been news traveling around that they found Harmony but there's fighting, obviously, and Dane is trying to over throw The Yellow Moon Pack. I wonder how Steven is taking this. In all honesty, I hope he deep throats himself. I hate him for keeping my parents with him for months without telling me.

Today would mark Dane and my three month anniversary, three months today we mated. And he's not here. I shouldn't feel bad. He went to find my sister. I should be grateful he's even nice enough to try. But I'm laying in our bed, tears falling, all because it's our three month and he isn't here. A small knock comes from my door.

"Luna?" Jake has been nice enough to visit me regularly to make sure I'm eating and staying hydrated. "I've brought you come food."

"Thank you, come in!" I call back. The door opens and he comes in. I give him my typical, Hello, I'm your luna and I feel no pain. A tray of tomato soup and gummi worms is set on my lap, along with a bottle of water. "Thank you, Jake." He gives me a small smile as I place a gummi in my mouth.

"In a couple weeks in your next sonogram, Luna Darcy," he reminds me before exiting the room. The hot soup burns as it goes down but I don't mind the pain. It's better than the hole in my chest. Soon all food is gone. I'm forced to eat three meals a day, two of them outside my bedroom so the pack can see they still have a stable leader.

Even if she isn't so stable on the inside.

Being away from Dane has made me weak. And I hate being weak. It has also made me prey to Ian, who still says he's madly in love with me. Taylor comes strolling in. But as soon as we look at each other she's in tears.

"Oh, Tay," I coo. She falls in my arms, her head on my chest. "What's wrong?" She cries on me, soaking my t-shirt with her salty tears. Multiple emotions radiate off her, but one stands out. Well, two. Hurt mixed with some devastation.

"Ra-Razor i-i-is d-dead!" She speaks into my shirt. All of her heartbreak bombards me in an emotion tsunami. Her arms wrap around me as she cries. I've never had an emotionally unstable best friend before. What the hell do I do?

"Can you tell me how it happened?" I ask her softly. She sniffle as she regains her posture. We both sit up. Her nose is a bright red, her eyes are swollen, and her hair is tangled. But she's still a beautiful woman who's in a terrible place. "Taylor, as your luna and your best friend I want you to talk to me."

She wipes her nose with the back of her hand. She's never been a classy gal. She pushes hair from her face. "One of the battles. He was in charge of protecting Mony. A wolf came charging and ripped his throat out. I could feel our bond just. . . disappear. It's so scary," he confesses. Once again I pull my best friend into a hug. No wolf deserves to be mateless.

Without knocking Ian walks right in. Ugh, leave my life! His eyes fall on Taylor. Her tear struck eyes fall on his. It seems all tears come to a stop. For once Ian isn't looking at me. Their gazes seem on each other forever.

They've found each other! My wolf cheers. Taylor has found her second mate. This is a one in a hundred occurrence. It's not very uncommon, but most mated couples stay together. Ian has now found his mate. He can leave us alone now.