O N E

"Melody! The party starts at ten!" I yell, my fists knocking on her door. No matter how much I try, I can't get over the fact I live in a stupid pack house. Even rogues have better packs than this Black Hill pack bullshit we have going on. Melody's door swings open. She's in a cute pink dress with her hair curled and put into a pony tail. Compared to her I look like a delinquent. My black hair is as straight as ever, I have on a black dress that stops right under my ass, it's pretty much as ass glove, my feet are in my favorite chunky heeled boots, and my face has about three layers of eyeliner.

"Oh, you look. . . good," Melody gives me a small smile. If she wasn't my sister. . . I give her the most sarcastic smile I can muster up. The big, bad males have gone out to celebrate for the win of some territory down south.

The alpha, Alpha Chris, and his mate, Luna Lilac, had this some when they first met. I've never met him, since he was shipped off to some training facility when he turned thirteen and shifted for the first time, but he's supposedly coming home tonight so we need to look our best for Mr Future Alpha. Rumor has it, he's mateless. Which makes us girls want to look extra special tonight. Even I, Darcy Meadows, want to have a mate.

I might be the easiest she wolf around here, but I crave the love of a mate. Especially one that's as sexy as Mr Future Alpha, well from what I heard. Melody told me he's ripped. Which I love.

"Yeah, you look okay," I compliment as nicely as I can. "C'mon. We're on decoration duty." Melody skips down the stairs to the lounge area. We have about five couches in the lounge area. A large flats screen and a soda machine. We live a pretty luxurious life here. I still hate it here. It's stuffy and too many people live in one place. Maybe if we expanded this damn house it wouldn't feel so cramped, especially since Alpha loves to take in stray children.

I grip the banner and slowly step up the step stool. A whistle makes me jump. Turning my head over my shoulder I spot Ian, my favorite fuck buddy. "How's it going Ian?" I question continuing my work. He drops himself on the couch closest to me.

"I miss your company, Darcy," he chuckles with a swipe of his tongue across his bottom lip. I feel like eyes sweep up and down my body, and I'm loving the attention. "Damn, baby. New dress?" I toss him a wink.

"You know it. I never wear the same dress twice." Ian stands up and holds one end of the banner while I pin the other side. He removes his hand so I can pin the opposite side.

WELCOME HOME ALFA!

I chuckle at the children spelling. Everyone, even I, have a soft spot for children in the pack. They're innocent until they shift, and even then they have no idea how to control their wolf. Not everyone is sent away to a training facility like Mr Future Alpha. Ian's breath tickles my neck. His large hands grip my hips as I climb down the step stool.

"Shit, I wish you were my mate," he hisses. I instantly push Ian away before someone sees us. If his mate hears us, no matter if they've met or not, I'm getting an ass whooping for stealing her mate. My eyes narrow at Ian.

"Are you fucking kidding me, Ian?" I hiss. "If someone hears you I'm dead." I whip my hair around as I bend down to pick up the bag of plates and table decorations. These wolves have crazy appetites. Giggling comes from the stairs. Little Harmony comes running, Melody running after her. Harmony is four, Melody is nineteen, and I'm twenty two. Our parents both have recently died in the war we won. Harmony doesn't even notice they're gone, not yet.

With the plates and such in hand I move away from Ian. Every time he says something like that I instantly become distant. I can't have him saying things like that to me when one day his mate might come through the pack house doors. I set a plate down on every table mat, we have about ten table with twenty five settings at each table. It's a big fat family. I nearly scoff. Family my ass. The only family I have is this damn wolf that's part of me.