T H I R T E E N

"What do you mean he took Mony!" My hands run through my hair repeatedly as I pace the hall in front of her empty room. "H-how did he get in!"

Dane's hand reaches to comfort me but I step away from him. He promised to protect me, but can he protect me from myself? These babies might not make it if I'm so stressed like this. "Darcy, I need you to calm down."

"Calm down?" I yell in his face. "My baby sister is out with a rapist! For all I know he could be-." Dane's lips stop my rant. Arousal spreads throughout me. My knees buckle but he holds me as his tongue assaults mine.  Our passionful kiss is stopped by Anthony's awkward coughs. Pregnant with triplets and sister just got kidnapped. My life is great.

"Not to ruin the moment, but can we get back to the crisis?" Anthony shivers. My face is buried in Dane's chest. I can't deal with this right now. I-I just don't feel safe here anymore. Not now, not ever. Not until my parents are dead for sure. Now, the waterworks start. Tears rush down my face like waterfalls.

"Uh, I'm leaving," I whisper to Dane. His hands grip my arms to stop me from leaving him embrace. His honey eyes are dark and dangerous. A spike of arousal runs through me.

"Where are you going, Darcy?" I rip myself from his grip. There's no way I'm staying in a place that I don't feel safe in, especially in my condition. "I need you here, with me. You can't leave with my babies!" My eyes water again.

"Dane, this isn't where I belong. I don't feel secure here," I tell him softly. I'm pulled into a hug.

"I can make you feel secure. Please. Don't leave me alone," he begs again and again. My wolf is clawing at me to stay, but I can't. I will find my father and I will kill him. "Darcy, if you leave I won't be able to live."

"I love you Dane," I cry. With all the courage I can muster I shift into my grey wolf before jumping from the window in Mony's room. Landing on my paws I sprint into the thick woods. The wind blows my silky fur and the hard ground is rough against my paws. I will find my sister. Even if it means someone has to die.

♚ Dane's POV ♚

She's gone. She left us alone.

"Alpha, we can find her," Anthony tells me. My eyes blaze a dark burning fire. As my second in command his next task is to find my mate and bring her home, along with my three pups.

"Beta Anthony. I command you to take a troop to find your luna. That is my word and my word is law," I bellow. Instantly he's off to find our best troop. Darcy's gone. Harmony's gone. Who else is leaving me? The most sickening scream shakes me to the bone. As fast as I can I pump my legs through the house to the source of that scream. My mom, tears rushing down her face and the works, gazes at my father.

My dead father. His blood smears the bed the couple shares. The wall behind his head catches my eye. That's for helping me catch my daughter. Now Lilac's life will be spared. Of course, in replace Chris says bye bye.