E L E V E N

Dr. Jake is hot. His dirty blonde hair is styled to the side, his tattoos show through his white long sleeve shirt, and his blue eyes make me melt. Dane sits beside me as Dr. Jake pulls out an ultrasound machine. He squirts a bright pink gel on my stomach. He moves the machine wand, explains what's happening to the baby this month (which would be the second month), and prints pictures. But looking over the pictures he freezes.

"Is something wrong?" Dane asks, an eyebrow raised. I look at my mate worriedly. If something is wrong with my baby I won't be able to handle it. Jake shakes his head clear.

"No," he draws out. "But it seems there's a surprise." I stretch my neck to see what he's looking at. Dane smiles.

"Do you mean surprise like twins?" He asks. I nearly faint at the idea. Twins? What the hell would I do with twins? "Please tell me we're having twins."

Jake shakes his head. "Triplets." My eyes roll to the back of my head.

➖✖➖

"Darcy?" Little fingers poke at me. "Cici! Wake up!" My eyes open to blonde hair and big blue eyes. Harmony is looking down at me. "Just Dane said to watch you. But I'm bored so I decided to wake you instead." I chuckle at her.

"Hon, where's Dane?" I ask her. She shrugs before plopping onto the chair beside the bed. I will never get over how soft this bed is. "Can you get me some water?" She nods and moves over to the mini fridge Dane insisted be installed last month. Mony hands me the cold water. In an instant I chug half the bottle. The door bursts open. Dane comes running in.

"I came as fast as I could feel you awake," he smiles. "Damn, you okay?" Mony tsks the man for cursing before leaving. Unique waits in the hallway for my sister. I turn to Dane.

"I'm fine. I guess I was shocked," I shrug, looking down at the water bottle. Dane's sadness ripples through my body. I know he wants me to be happy about triplets, but how can I when I'm not sure I'm ready for one baby? I knew exactly what would happen when Dane and I mated, I just didn't expect it this quick. Being mated is bliss, until reality hits you like a bunch of bricks straight to the face.

"Darcy," Dane starts. "Please don't be like this. Think positively, we're having three little bundles of joy. We don't need to pick just one name, but three! We aren't doing this alone, baby girl. The whole pack wants to help." I look up at Dane in horror.

"They know?" I screech. Dane nods solemnly. My head falls. Now I have to be happy about this. When the whole pack finds out about something they're like bunnies bouncing around preparing for it. My gaze drops to my stomach, a small bump catching my attention. I'm so dumb, I thought I was just bloated.

"Calm down, baby. Everything will be just fine. Talk to me, what's got you so scared?" Dane asks, looking right into my eyes. Tears fill my eyes.

"My parents where horrible, Dane. I'm going to end up like them. My children are going to have a bad mom. I want them to have the best, and that's not me. You'll see, and once you do I won't blame you for wanting to leave me," I sob, throwing my arms around him. Fat tears runs down my face onto Dane's shirt. He holds me close to him.

"Baby girl, I don't remember your parents. But I know that we don't reflect our parents. They help mold us, we don't become them. If you want to be a great mom you will become a great mom. I just happened to have great parents."