S E V E N

"Mony?" I call, knocking on her door again. "It's been two days, sweets. Please talk to me." Her small voice tells me to go away. I hate having her mad at me, or sad at me. Or something. But two days? That's a long time for a five year old to be mad at someone. "Harmony, please? I just want to talk to you." The door swings open. Harmony in her sweats, her hair tied up, and a frown etched on her face stands before me. It's been three days since her birthday and she's obviously grown a few inches.

Our eyes lock. Tears pool in her shiny eyes. She sniffles. "I miss them, Cici." She leads me inside her room. It seems she's taken a liking of having her own room. Dane bought her a new wardrobe and a new flat screen. She thanked him tons of times before locking herself away. Harmony sits on the edge of her messy bed. "I miss Mommy and Daddy."

I sit beside her. "I know. I miss them too."

"Don't lie. Everyone knows Mommy and Daddy didn't like you." My eyes snap to her. Her face is flushed, telling me she's trying to hide her tears and be angry at the same time. She jumps off her bed so she's face to face with me. "They didn't like you, Darcy, because you're a big, fat, stinkin' slut." Hurt ripples through my chest.

"Do you know what that means, Harmony?" I ask her, trying to hide how much that statement hurt. She rolls her eyes.

"Yes. I'm not stupid, or a baby. I go to school now. It means that you have lots of sex with lots of men," she scoffs. "Everyone talks about you at school. About how pretty you are, how awesome it is to have such a nice future luna. I know who you really are, Darcy. You're an ugly bitch-." We might of had to reschedule the inauguration for tonight but I will whoop this child's ass for cursing at me.

"Watch your mouth, Harmony," I snap. "I am still your older sister. We are family, we are supposed to stick together. Now tell me why you're really mad." All anger in her face is gone now. Mine slowly drains as I watch her fight the tears. Suddenly she's flying into my arms.

"I miss them so much," she sobs uncontrollably. "I want my mommy back! I want my daddy! I'm sorry, I was so mean to you. Only Melly is like that, I don't want to be like Melly." I rub her back.

"It's okay. Sometimes when we're sad we say mean things. But tell me something, do your friends really call me pretty?" Harmony giggles. She nods her head while snuggling into my arms. "Sweet pea, we have to get you ready! I'm becoming Luna in a few hours and you're going to have to come." Her head pops up.

"Can I wear makeup?" She asks with wide eyes. Her bottom lips juts out. "Pleeeeeease? I'll never be mean to you ever again. I'll never call you all those mean names again if you let me wear your makeup tonight!" I scoop her in my arms. We shake hands.

"It's a deal. But if you utter another curse word we're washing your face instantly," I scold. She nods her head. With Mony in my arms I move to her closet. She pulls on the dress she wants to wear. It's a soft purple silk dress with her name across the chest in cursive. Lilac ordered it online just for her. This child is spoiled to no end. I pull a pair of strappy half inch heels to go with the knee length dress. Her blonde hair has grown.

"Can you curl it?" She asks with a drunken smile. Her favorite thing to do is get dolled up, and that means makeup and a hair curler. I nod my head. We move to Dane and my room. She dresses herself while I heat the curler. I set her on my vanity chair. She looks at herself in the mirror. "Do your magic!" Slowly I spread some dark purple eye shadow on her lids. It's just a simple purple that compliments her dress and her skin color. I use eyeliner just on the top of her eye, not by her waterline, to add a wing by both eyes. I let Harmony smear the sticky light pink lip gloss on her lips. While she does that I curl her hair. Large curls take up her hair. I do a cute ponytail with curls framing her face. I give her a tiny, tiny bit of bronzer to add some sparkle.