Chapter 17

*Emma's POV*

He should have never there in the first place. In the middle of the street, where half the town wanted him dead for his actions. He stood there watching my back as I walked home with my family. 'This was my chance' I thought, 'I could end it all now.'

"Oh, Emma! Looking for me?" He said as if he didn't care. Something was different about him, but I am not sure what. I still face the other direction, unsure of what to say or do.

"Actually, yes, I am." I say finally turning around. I use magic to thrust him back a couple of feet, but he is not fighting back. He gives me his nasty, crooked tooth smile, and acts like he doesn't have a care in the world. I use magic again to cause an awful pain in his head, "This is for my mother." I say and when I release him he slumps his head on the ground. 'This is my chance' I thought again. I run over to him kicking him in the nose, making it go bloody, "That is for my love." I pause crouching down over him sinking my hand into his chest pulling out his black heart. My family gasps from behind me. "And this," I say giving it a squeeze, "Is for hurting my town."

"DON'T KILL HIM!" I hear everyone yell from behind me.

"I'm not, I have better plans for you. Dad, Killian help me, grab his arms." They rush over frightened grabbing his arms holding him out in front of me. He tries to break free of their grip. I hold his heart up to my lips speaking into it. "Now, Now, Cornelius, don't fight there is no use. You are done. They are going to put you in a cell where you will stay. I will do everything you did to me those 4 weeks, except worse, and well for the rest of your life. Oh, yes, and I'm keeping your heart. Take him to the station!"

The wretched man laughed t a joke that only he had heard.

"There is more coming your way my dear. You have no clue what else that beast does when it's defeated, just wait for tonight. I'll say it again, THERE IS MORE COMING YOUR WAY EMMA SWAN. LIKE I SAID BEFORE. YOU WILL WATCH YOUR BELOVED STORYBROOKE CRUMBLE." Cornelius yells as my father and Killian drag him away.

I lift up his heart one last time to my lips, "I'm not really worried about it right now." I say, turning around to face Henry and my mother.

"Emma that was so unlike you." She says worried.

"You don't know how much he has hurt me." I say walking home alone.

Alone, like I will always be, because no one understands.