Chapter 37 | Before I Go To A Halloween Party

Start from the beginning

We look at each other and smile, I run my fingers through his silky hair as his thumb caresses the skin on my cheek.

"I love you." He says hugging me tighter in his arms.

"I love you." I bury my head into his chest, wishing it could stay like this just a bit longer but my mother should be home soon. I untangle myself from his hold and pick my clothes from off of the ground to put them back on as Gavin does the same.

We say are goodbyes for the night and Gavin leaves to go hang out with Beckham and Carver so I call up Peyton and tell her all about this little escapade. Peyton never judged me for my decisions unlike some other people I know. She was happy that I was finally happy.

"Are you coming to the Halloween party tomorrow? It's at Beckham's house." Peyton asks me.

"Most likely, my moms been letting me go out a lot more so I don't see why not." I answer. "That doesn't mean I'm going to dress up though."

"What it's Halloween that's literally the one day any girl can dress up as slutty as they want without being judged, you have too!"

"I don't have a costume." I groan through the phone.

"I have some I'll bring them over tomorrow and then we can leave for the party together."

I'm biting my fingernails because I'm not sure I want to be exposed, I don't even know what Gavin would think. I mean I shouldn't care what he thinks, if I wanted to dress up like a slut I could right?

"Okay just please don't bring any of your least revealing costumes?" I add.

"I got you covered."

We end the call and I take my medication before the night ends and I go to sleep.

"Peyton will be here soon so can you leave?" I say, I try my best to ask him nicely but it doesn't seem to work.

"I told you I didn't want you going to that party especially if you'll be wearing some sexy costume." Gavin reminds me.

"I make my own decisions, we'll be there by ten." I tell him pushing him out of my room. "I'll see you later okay?"

"Ugh fine." He groans.

Peyton enters my room only a few minutes after with a wardrobe of clothes. "Those are all your costumes?" I ask her.

"Yes but I have the perfect one just for you." She searches through it until she pulls out a black bodysuit that has a lot of slits and openings. I'm not sure how well that will even cover anything.

"This? What even is this?" I laugh and take it from her hands examining it for myself.

"It's your costume, it's brand new and your size so it's happening now let's get you looking all nice and sexy for Gavin." She claps her hands and pulls me along with her.

"That's exactly what Gavin didn't want." I tell her honestly. I could just imagine the look on his face and I'm worried he'll be angry or he'll just shut up and tell me I look great.

"Really? Sorry, I'm still getting used to this respectable guy he's suddenly become?" Peyton laughs and starts putting makeup on my face. "How was it anyway? The you know-"