And amazingly enough that moment had not come yet, she left mid afternoon as the trip was only a little under three hours thought she would be arriving before seven. Not the case, it was now closer to nine and could not call him to tell him she was lost. Another hour or so and someone was going to be out there looking for her, either him or the closest police force.

The sky lit up with lightening, thunder following soon after. Swearing under her breath Lilly pulled out her phone once more hoping for some bars, nothing. As the rain started to pour down from the sky she climbed back into her car, thanking her intelligence she did not pull the roof down on her car that morning, thinking of all the bug that would be surrounding her and flying into her mouth as she drove.

She turned on the car, only the battery hoping to find some music to listen to, nothing, no reception. Swearing again she leaned against the back of her seat and closed her eyes, listening to the rhythmic falling of the rain drops, interrupted by the crashing boom of thunder and the abnormal flashing of the lightening.

She had never seen a storm like this one, it was so strong, so intense, almost frightening how close it was to her, it was like it was right over her head pounding down on her.

Even nature is against me, she thought.

The rain continued for some time, her four ways on if some car did manage to find her road. She was once again lying back with her eyes closed when the car wretched and bean to move. Bolting up, she looked out her window.

She was parked on a slant and the massive rain fall was moving the mud and dirt around her. Her car was heading into the deep ditch and she would most defiantly be stuck then. Swearing she turned on the engine and tried to move again, the car wheels turned and the engine roared as she pressed harder and harder down on the pedal.

The car wretched again and fell another foot into the ditch. She was freaking out now, she was going to end up crushed in her car, stuck all night. Her only option was to give the car more of a push.

Climbing out she was instantly soaked, her hair falling into her face, her clothes sticking to her, wet jeans were the worst. She grabbed hold of the wheel and began pushing the car, which she left in park, with all the strength she could find.

The roaring thunder made her jump, the lightening flashed so bright it seemed the entire forest lit up. Yelling now as she pushed it was as though all her muscles were about to turn into liquid while her bones were about to pop from their sockets.

Lilly was pushing so hard with no avail her body was almost on a horizontal line, finally her footing gave out and she fell into the muddy ground. She couldn’t tell if she was crying or if it was just the rain was pouring down her face.

Unable to help herself, she sat down in the mud and cried. Everyone had told her she was unable to help herself, always relied on others to do the work for her. And they were right, look what happened when she finally was trying to do something for herself, she ends up crying in the mud.

“I’m so useless!” She yelled to the trees. She was going to die out there waiting for help, she was either going to drown from the rain, be crushed in her car, or get killed by a psychopath and right now anyone of those deaths would have been most welcomed.

The car lurched again, farther into the ditch it went. Lilly looked at the piece of ugly metal, yeah it was old and a gross beige colour but it was her car, her baby, and it was perfect. She placed a loving hand on the door, the car lurched again.

More lightening, this time it was not as bright and lit up the sky for a long time, too long, she thought. Turning her head she saw two headlights coming in the distance, a car! Someone was coming! She was saved!