Chapter 19: ~Cheep Cheep Parenting ~

It was a rainy and cold morning in Hillwood, and Arnold and the gang were in school learning about biology ? Now I know what you're probably thinking, biology is usually taken freshman year. Apparently when Arnold came back to Hillwood his biology credit didn't transfer to P.S.220. Strangely enough Helga simply "flunked it" with a 69.Helga sighed slightly bored as she silently stared out of the window,until Mrs.Hilbert shrieked with enthusiasm " okay class, now it's time I present you with your next project !" Everyone in the class groaned annoyed that they had yet another project to do.Arnold wasn't exactly in the mood either , because as of lately Arnold and Helga haven't been paired up much lately."This weeks project is we will be taking care of these little chicks ! Remember when you were all in P.S.118 and you had to take care of an egg ? well now you have to take care of the real deal !" our instructor chimed excitedly in the classroom, and that's when it all started...

( You're probably wonder who in their right mind would grab me and ask guess who well ... sadly I don't wanna talk about it and we'll save it for the next chapter. This chapter is to celebrate 400 views so thank you ! <3 )

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Helga's P.O.V  

The weird thing is Mrs.Hilbert had every male in our class get the baby chicks and they had to choose who they wanted their partner (wife) to be.Arnold grabbed the little fuzzy chirping chick gently and walked over to Helga as she blushed happily.Helga was somewhat surprised that he chose her instead of some other beautiful girl in the classroom. Arnold smirked shaking his  head slightly disappointed " you thought I wasn't going to choose you to be the mother of this baby chick ?" he asked her as he sat in the closest desk next to her.Luckily the desk was empty which wasn't too surprising considering Helga had a mean reputation in the school. The only time Helga was ever nice to anyone in the school was anyone she knew from P.S.118 or her beloved... Arnold.Helga simply shrugged to answer the football headed prince sitting next to her. " I remembered we didn't get along too well when we did our egg parenting project.." Helga explained to him as she saw him chuckle softly. "Helga that was then, before I even accepted my feelings for you.." he trailed off blushing as he laughed nervously handing his girlfriend their baby chick. The little fuzzy yellow baby bird chirped loudly and cutely as Helga and Arnold sighed happily. ' I can't believe Arnold wanted me to be the temporary mother of our chick.' Helga thought to herself as she sighed dreamingly. 

Arnold smiled down at the little chick in his girlfriends delicate hands "so what do you wanna name him/her?" she heard him breaking her from her daydream stare. "oh..umm... you choose.." she stammered blushing wildly, suddenly she felt a pair of warm lips on her cheek. Arnold chuckled gently taking the chic from her hands " well it depends on the gender.." he trailed off hearing the teacher clap her hands to grasp everyone's attention. " thank you for reminding me Mr. Shortman .." she started as she looked down at her clipboard with information about each individual chick."now the way we can tell if you have a male or female chick is either their feather shapes or their attitude towards you. I will come around the classroom and help all of you determine the gender of you chicks." she explained as she started on the opposite side where Arnold and Helga were sitting.

After 26 minutes of waiting for Mrs.Hilbert, she was finally able to make her way to the two blonde couple."Alright you two lets see..."she said taking the chick out of Arnold's hands as she examined the baby carefully.The classroom was bustling with a bubbly atmosphere , it could be the fact that they were happy about their little chicks or they were just happy to have live dinner in their hands. Mrs.Hilbert smiled proudly finally knowing what the little chicks gender was."Congrats you both have a baby rooster." she said proudly , not for them but for herself for getting rid of the chirping little demons. Arnold and Helga exchanged glances at one another , as the teacher handed back their boy chickling." Arnold , he looks just like you.." Helga teased as she laughed loudly losing her balance in her chair.This time it was Arnold who laughed as he held the chick in his right hand and helping Helga back into her chair with his right. "looks like karma bit you " he informed rolling his eyes playfully. "so what do you wanna name him anyway ?" Arnold and Helga thought together for what seemed like an eternity . " how about ...Ryan the Rooster?" Arnold asked shyly thinking it was a great name .Helga on the other hand laughed " you've got to be kidding me football head , he's not even a rooster" she reminded him as she crossed her arms over her chest."maybe not , but he will be someday.." Arnold said seeing the chick chirp proudly at his new name."plus he seems fond of his new name Helga, look at him .." he cooed trying to get Helga to see things his way.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After Arnold practically begged her ( as if , Arnold ? beg ? hahah ) to see things his way she finally sighed agreeing to the name he chose.Things were going great between the two, surprisingly ? I think not ! Everyone in P.S.118 thought those two would get together eventually , no one imagined it would take this long though. As the two walked home together with the baby chick in one of Helga's hand and Arnold squeezing her free hand. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SweetJazzCandy: Soooo sorry ! about the long wait , it crushed my heart to see how many of you I probably let down and I know i'm in trouble ._. My brother broke my headphones so I was kinda angry... I didn't get any sleep last night so i've been up trust me . I hate my life right now but hey this is a special thank you for all the votes and 400 reads almost 500 soon but once again thank you. Honestly I thought this probably sucked ... Once i'm completely done with the book i'm gonna edit everything and i'm gonna do a new fanfic base one Soul Eater Evans and Maka Albarn , maybe even drop some short stories. I love you guys and thanks again my lovelies ! 

~ Stay Sweet ! ~

<3 SweetJazzCandy out ! <3