Chapter 6: Double Date, Please ?

Helga's P.O.V.

It was 7:45 in the morning,Helga and Arnold was in Algebra together working on word problems together; only because the teacher Mrs.Stubbly thought it would be a great idea to have a project based on mathematics and how do we use math in our everyday lives.Just by "fate", Arnold and Helga were paired together to work on this project.Helga sighed with frustration getting fed up with so much math crammed into her brain."Why are we doing this again?" she asked Arnold slightly frustrated how he hasn't "cracked." Arnold chuckled softly "because it counts as a major grade which is about 30% of our grade." he interpreted(explained) with a small smile on his face.This didn't bother Arnold as much because the school he went to in Nevada had him do things like this all the time and he got used to doing them so it was as simple as counting 1,2,3,... for him.'What's with him? its like he isn't at all bothered at the fact that we've been doing this ever since we got to class.' she thought in her mind.Helga got back to work on working on the problems, and Arnold worked on explaining everything on the poster board.This continued on for another 15 minutes until the bell rang to go to 2nd hour(period). Helga and Arnold packed up everything they worked on together." Helga, we'll work on it again over the weekend." Arnold suggested remembering they had a date tonight as he smiled gently taking her hand and kissing it taking the poster board with him."I'll see you tonight Helga, at 7 o'clock." he flirted as he left to his next class leaving Helga in a trance. 'Oh Arnold,My love, oh how you make my woman hood shiver with delight.' she thought as she walked to her next class.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Phoebe P.O.V. 

Phoebe is Helga's one and only real best friend,she knows just about everything about Helga and has been there for her through her hardships and her crazy love obsession with "Ice-cream" but she knew it was Arnold.Phoebe met up with Helga in her U.S. History class, they too had a project to do but it was much more simple than doing algebra problems and relating it to everyday life. Phoebe was to tell facts about each state using their classroom textbook, while Helga would draw and color all 50 states correctly.Helga had this lovesick expression still plastered on her as she sighed coloring Illinois. Phoebe smiled looking at her best friend feeling happy for her."well, you're in a good mood Helga, did something good happy between you and "ice cream"?" she asked smirking cutely knowing something great happened between the two. Helga slapped her self to snap herself back into her senses."No! as if ! there's no way anything could happen between me and that little football head!" she howled causing everyone in the classroom to turn and stare." and what are all of you losers staring at ?!" she howled causing everyone to go back to whatever it was they were talking about. Phoebe laughed "Helga, I'm your best friend, besides I already know about you and ice cream." she explained causing Helga to blush a light rosy pink."Helga whispered coming out as a low mumble under her breath so no one can hear"You know and Arnold..?" Phoebe smiled nodding as she sighed. Everyone knows those two look cute together, everyone only teases them so they can realize their feelings for each other quicker. "I knew ever sense you started hiding in all of those weird places and you started talking to yourself about how he was...well.. we all know" she said beaming with joy for Helga.Helga finally came clean and spilled the beans about all there was to know about her feelings for Arnold and their date tonight.Phoebe smiled but she was also surprised, apparently Gerald asked Phoebe to go out with him too."Helga, if you don't mind me asking but,can we please make it a double date ?" she asked nervously feeling squeamish.Phoebe sounded like a sweet little mouse" it's just..." she started "Gerald, makes me nervous.. I feel like I could blow this entire date because i'm nervous being alone with him." she clarified for her best friend. Luckily Helga agreed to her plea, since she knows how phoebe reacts .Little did both girls know Arnold and Gerald was basically in the same boat discussing the exact same things.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Arnold's P.O.V.   

The afternoon bell rang for everyone to go home, Arnold waited for his best friend Gerald. Gerald is Arnold's best friend. He's kinda like Phoebe but he's a guy and guys are more .Iffy.. about their feelings and they're sporty?Gerald finally showed up after 10 minutes of waiting for him. Arnold saw how red his friend looked in the face as he smirked trying hard not to laugh out loud."Gerald, are you still nervous about tonight?" he asked him clearing his throat trying to tame himself, he's never seen Gerald this way. Gerald stampers "uh..Kinda. I just don't want to make a fool of myself in front of her." he confessed to his best friend " that's why I appreciate you being alright with double dating.." he said sounding like a little kid crying for his mother. Arnold shook his head smiling " That's okay, I don't mind but you're going to have to do something after dinner ALONE." he emphasized alone. Gerald nodded in agreement as they both walked home together. "Arnold you are one bold kid... I mean you're taking Helga G Pataki out on a real date !" he exclaimed sounding more and more surprised the more he thought about it.Arnold laughed "She's not as mean as you think, I always knew she had this sweet side to her; but she does have ONE silver tongue" he said laughing as the two friends shared a special moment between best buds.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SweetJazzCandy: Hey guys ! I hope you enjoy this chapter I had a lot of fun writing it . Also I would like to dedicate this chapter to my Cousin ( you know who you are !(; ) She's always been there for me through thick and then especially when it came to moments just like this . Thank you guys Goodnight/Good-morning <3