Chapter 10: Uncertainty ?

Helga's P.O.V.  

As soon as the two blondes were done eating their breakfast,Arnold called Helga to see if she wanted to work on the project due two weeks from today.Luckily Helga agreed only because Arnold showed her a good time yesterday night,and she thought it would be the great opportunity for some alone time with him.Helga got dressed in her weekend clothes-pink blouse and pink booty shorts.Helga grabbed her backpack and rushed over to the boarding house.Although she was excited,Helga G Pataki was too nervous to ring his doorbell.Helga thought to herself'just calm down, I mean all we're going to do is work on this stupid project!'she exclaimed in her mind .Finally got the guts to ring the door bell,and as if Arnold was standing their the entire time he opened the door within an instant.He gave Helga no time to prepare herself, he opened the door immediately as if he was waiting for her."hey Helga" he greeted her with a charming smile as she silently returned one to him."whats up football head are you going to let me,because i want to get this over with" she sarcastically explains, obviously hiding her feelings for him yet again.Arnold shakes his head grinned taking her hand,seeing Helga's face becomes flushed by his touch.Arnold slowly led her into the house"you know Helga,you don't have to keep putting on this act especially if its just the two of us here." he coolly explains as they headed upstairs to Arnold's room."so...wait we're the only ones here ?! where did everyone else go ?!" she practically squeals out loud."uh...grandma and grandma mentioned something about bingo and then after they're going to watch a movie at the cinemas so i'll be alone all day today." he explained small yawn escaping his lips finally making it to his room.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The two blondes finally made it to Arnold's room pulling out the supplies they need to get to work on their mathematics project.Arnold took out the poster board and Helga took out the books sighing as they got to work in complete utter silence.The silence was unbearable!'speak Helga speak..'he chanted in her brain."So..Helga.." Arnold began feeling somewhat nervous.Helga looked up at him surprise he started the conversation."you look great" he complimented her motioning her clothing choice as he blushes nervously.Helga blushed cutely"uh..gee thanks Arnold" she loved getting compliments from him of all people,but she never thought she would hear the day he would actually give her any. Helga then thought to herself was Arnold only doing this because he felt pity towards her,because he knows she's trying to be a better person.Although they went on a date and almost kissed that same night, does Arnold really like Helga or does he pity her because of the whole I-have-to-help-my-best-friend-out-before-he-ruins-his-chances-ever reason.This stayed on Helga's mind in her brain and she stopped working on the project.Arnold noticed how her facial expression changed and she completely stopped working on the project.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Arnold's P.O.V.  

Arnold smiled thinking what was in that pretty little head of Helga's until he saw her frowning looking troubled about something."uh..hey Helga?" he started trying to grab her attention and with luck he did .She looked up at him curious about what he was going to ask the beauty before him, but she obviously didn't think that highly of herself."do you wanna take a break and grab some ice-cream?" he asked standing up as he walked over to her, holding out his hand waiting for her to take it.Inside he knew deep down she was going to explode seeing a huge smile spread across those beautiful lips.She took his hand thinking he could just be pitying her again, but accepted with a slight nod.Arnold and Helga made their way out of the boarding house , making sure Arnold locked the door to the boarding house before leaving .Arnold did something that caught Helga off guard, she thought the whole time he was just taking pity on her. He put her mind slightly at ease when he grabbed her hand before walking and gently kissing her cheek.Taken aback Helga turned to Arnold with a shocking expression left of her face."I hope you aren't thinking I didn't have a great time with you Helga.." he started off as Helga blushed wildly"actually... I thought you were only trying to help a friend.." she said looking away and gently pulling her hand away from his.Arnold looked at her confused until it all finally hits him in the face.All Arnold could do was find himself laughing as he smiled at Helga pulling her close to his torso. "Helga, I haven't been pitying you and, although I do help our friends..." he trailed off shaking his head " I like you Helga... not just as a friend either. I asked you on that date long before I even knew Phoebe and Gerald were going out the same night we were. I like you for you Helga .I've been finally noticing in middle school when I was away from you,that I might have have feelings for you.problem is i'm not certain that I want to be or that I deserve to be more than just a friend to you. I'm not even sure why I do the things I do for ..." he was interrupted by the whole gang calling their new joint names "Hey Arngla !" they laughed and giggled as Arnold pulled himself away from Helga. Helga smiled gently planting a kiss on Arnold's cheek. Arnold blushed slightly looking like a light pink cotton candy treat "we'll talk about this later.."