Chapter 17

Everyone including myself, starts running back to our camp. I'm the first one to make it there as I help get everyone in there. 

"Move, Move, Move!" I faintly hear Bellamy yell as everyone else is screaming for there lives.

"Close the gate!" I hear someone yell as almost everyone is back in. As the last person enters, they close the gate and I go over to Bellamy and Clarke who are looking outside the walls. I walk up and stand right beside Bellamy as he's looking outside of the gates.

"Where are they, why aren't they  attacking?" Bellamy asks as he has his gun ready for any threat. We all pause to think but Clarke beats me to it.

"Because we're doing exactly what they wanted us to do." Clarke says.

"Clarke-" I start until Bellamy finishes for me.

"What are you talking about?" He says as he looks at Clarke. Clarke turns around and looks at Finn.

"Lincoln said the scouts would be the first to arrive." Clarke says loudly.

"If it's just scouts we can fight our way out. That's what Lincoln would do." Octavia says as he invites herself to the conversation.

"We're done doing what the grounder would do." Bellamy says as he jumps down from where he was. "We tried it and now Drew is dead. You want to be next?"Bellamy says looking at Octavia.

"That grounder saved our lives. I agree with Octavia. For all we know, there's one scout there." Finn says as I look at Clarke. She looks at me and gives me a reassuring smile as I return one back to her.

"One scout with insanely good aim." Jasper says as he turns his head.

"Clarke, we can still do this." Octavia says as we all look at Clarke waiting for an answer and all we get is her breathing.

"Looking to you, Princess. What's it gonna be? Run and get picked off out in the open, or stand and fight back?" Bellamy asks. Clarke turns around and looks outside for a few seconds. She turns around and sighs hoping down from where she was. She starts to walk but Finn grabs her arm.

"Clarke. If we're still here when Tristan gets here-" He starts.

"Lincoln said 'Scouts'. More than one. He said, 'get home before the scouts arrive.' Finn they're already here." She says as she turns around to look at Bellamy. 

"Looks like you've got your fight." Clarke says.

"Okay, then. This is what we've been preparing for. Kill them before they kill us." Bellamy says loudly so that everyone can hear. "Gunners, to your posts. Use the tunnels to get in and out." He says and everyone starts moving around. "From now on, the gate stays closed." I look at Jasper and he's about to go into the tunnels. I grab his arm before he does.

"Jasper-" I say but he interrupts.

"Piper, don't worry, I won't die, I promise. I love you." He says and he finishes off with a quick kiss before he goes into the tunnels. Everyone must think I'm crazy because here I am smiling. He loves me. It's not the first time he said it but still. He didn't even let me say it back. I sigh Finn and he has his hands on his head, probably saying how this is a horrible idea. 

"Clarke..." I say looking at her, honestly I don't know what to do. Clarke goes to Bellamy.

"So how the hell do we do this?" she asks.

"Follow me. All of you." Bellamy says to Finn, Clarke, and I. We go into the drop ship and we see Raven sitting down in front of a circular table. I give her a small smile as I stand next to Finn. Clarke bends down and gives Raven a wet towel, putting it on the wound. Bellamy stands right in front of us as he starts to speak.