Chapter 4

We grab out gear and start walking again while I put Jasper's goggles in my bag. We catch up Wells, Bellamy, and Murphy, and we tell them what we saw. We continue walking straight until Murphy says something.

"Hey, how do we know this is the right way?" he says.

"We don't. Space walker thinks he's a tracker." Bellamy says.

"It's called 'Cutting Sign,' Fourth-year Earth skills. He's good." Wells says.

"You want to keep it down or should I paint a target on your backs?" Finn says as he stops. He touches a plant and lets it drop. He crouches down and there's blood on a rock. Clarke crouches down as Bellamy says something to Wells. A few seconds later we hear a distant moan.

"What the hell was that?" Murphy says.

"Jasper?" I whisper. I start running towards the direction.

"Now would be a good time to take out that gun." Clarke says as the rest of the group runs after me. I stop and crouch down as I see Jasper hands and waist tied to a tree as well. Thank god. I don't know what I'll do if we didn't find him. He's shirtless and he got blood all over his face and body. I would admire the view but I would admire it from a closer view.

"Jasper." I say whispering as the rest are behind me.

"Oh my god." Clarke says as she starts walking toward ahead Jasper.

"Clarke be careful." Finn tells her quietly as we all follow Clarke.

"Jasper?" Clarke says.

"What the hell is this?" Bellamy says. Clarke continues walking but almost falls in a hole. Bellamy has a grip on her arm so she won't fall. Finn and I are screaming to get her up so we all go over to Bellamy and help him pull her up. He kinda was struggling there to pull her up. I think I'm the only one the noticed.

"You okay?" I ask her.

"Yeah." she says panting.

"We need to get him down." Clarke says.

"I'll climb up there and cut the vines." Finn says.

"Yeah, yeah, I'm with you." Wells says.

"No, stay with Piper and Clarke, and watch him." Finn says to Wells referring to Bellamy.

"You. Let's go." Finn says to Murphy.

"There's a poultice on his wound." Clarke says.

"Medicine? Why would they save his life just to string him up as live bait?" Wells says.

"Maybe what they're trying to catch likes its dinner to be breathing." Bellamy says.

"Maybe what they're trying to catch is us." Finn says. We all stay silent as Finn and Murphy try to get Jasper out of the tree. They climb up the tree and Murphy and Finn starts cutting off the vines that are holding him to the tree with a knife.

"Hurry up, Murphy." Finn says.

"Be careful." I say. We hear a distant growl.

"What the hell was that?" Murphy says.

"Grounders?" Bellamy asks. We all look around and we find the creature upon us. It looks a tiger but not really. We all get shaken up as it's getting ready to attack. It starts running at us.

"Bellamy, gun!" Clarke says. Bellamy looks for his gun but he doesn't find it. Once it gets close, Wells starts shooting at at. Wells makes a shot at it but it keeps moving. It's somewhere in the bushes closer to Bellamy, but we can't find it. It jumps at Bellamy but Wells shoots it before it can go on him. I grab the knife from my bag and stab the animal to death.