Chapter 7

"Jasper." I whisper to him as I shake him. "Wake up." He opens his eyes and sits up.

"What happened? Why am I in the drop ship?" he asks.

"Monty and I pulled you into the drop ship. Murphy punched you after you got in front of Octavia. We didn't want to leave you outside in all the chaos." I tell him. He looks over at Monty as Monty's still working on the wristbands.

"Oh, thanks. Um, can I ask you something?" he asks me.

"Sure." I tell him hoping it was something I've been dying to hear.

"Why did you want Charlotte, well you know-" he starts but I don't let him finish.

"Dead? Well, she killed my best friend. Closest friend. Whatever. She deserves it. I know it seems wrong because she's a little girl, but that shouldn't make it okay for her to live." I say. He stay silent. Of course its not what I've been hoping to hear. "Can I ask you something?" I ask him.

"Okay." he says.

"Why did you, stand in front of Octavia? Like you know, let yourself get hurt for her." I ask him.

"It's not okay for Murphy to hit girls. I just acted like she was you. I wouldn't want you to get hurt." he says. I stay silent but look at him and smile. I go outside as I hear Clarke and Bellamy came back. A whole crowd gather around both of them as they speak to them.

"Charlotte jumped off a cliff. That's why we've decided to banish Murphy." Clarke says. "Anybody got a problem with that?" Bellamy jumps in. Everyone leaves. I smile. I never liked Murphy anyways, I just wanted the little girl to get what she deserved. That may sound cruel, but I'm doing this for Wells. He didn't deserve to die.

I walk back to the drop ship as Clarke follows.

"Guys, I think I found a way to communicate with the ark." Monty tells us. Finn comes in the drop ship as well.

"Will we be able to talk to them?" Clarke asks.

"No. More like Morse Code." Monty tells her. Monty looks at Jasper. "You want to do the honors?" Jasper walks up to the wristband as Monty gives him the thingy. Sorry, I'm no engineer, even though my mother was. I don't know what that is.

"That port right there." Monty says as he points to the port. Jasper slowly attaches the thingy to the port. As he finishes attaching it to the port. It starts crackling. My wristband starts hurting as it opens. I take it off my wrist. I rub my wrists in relief. Finally its off.

"What happened?" Clarke asks.

"I think we fried all the wristbands." Monty says. Octavia leaves the drop ship. Finn also leaves the drop ship as Clarke leaves as well. I watch as Jasper goes to a wall in the drop ship and slides himself down it as he sits with his back on the wall. I walk over to him and slowly sit in front of him.

"Sit there at your own risk. I think I might be cursed." He tells me. I slightly laugh.

"Jasper you're not cursed." I say looking at him.

"Yea right." he says.

"Why are you doubting yourself?" I say to him.

"Everything I do, the outcome doesn't come out the way I want." he says.

"Are you sure?" I ask him smirking.

"Yea, not one thing good has-" he starts but I cut him off. I slowly lift his chin and plant my lips on his. My heart. Beating faster than ever. My stomach. It's like a butterfly zoo. This is how I planned my first kiss to go. Perfectly. I pull back from the kiss and he has a shocked expression on his face.