Chapter 1

It's been 97 years since a nuclear apocalypse that killed everyone on Earth, as the planet simmers in Radiation. There were survivors. 12 Nations had operational space stations at the time of the bombs. There is now only The Ark. One station forged from the many. We're told the earth needs another 100 years to become survivable again. 4 more Space-Locked generations, and man can go home. Back to the ground.

*PIPER'S POV*

I sat in my prison cell sitting on the bed they have in each prison cell. I was stuck in here for the crime of assaulting a guard and knowing a very important secret about the ark. I'm only 17, once I turn 18 they'll float me... like they floated my mother. She was floated for knowing a dangerous flaw of The Ark with Jake Griffin. My dad's a guard which doesn't really help the fact he didn't really do anything when my mother was floated. He had to do his job. Just like the rest of them. I don't really know many people besides Clarke and Wells. I obviously hated Wells father for floating my mother but that doesn't mean that I should hate him just like everyone else does. Clarke, Wells and I were very close. Until Wells took the blame for telling his dad (The Chancellor of The Ark) that my mother and Clarke's father were trying to expose the flaw. So now Clarke hates Wells for "killing" her father. I don't hate Wells because he told me all he is trying to do is protect Clarke. He actually told me who really told The Chancellor. My eyes were begging me to close as I don't really get much sleep in this uncomfortable bed, but I refused. As time passes by, the prison cell opens and two guards walk in.

"Prisoner 321 face the wall." One of them says. I slowly get up and face the wall. What's happening? Is it my time to die? Something's not right.

"Hold out your right arm." he says sternly.

I hold out my right arm. "Am I dying?" I ask. They both stay silent as I heaved out a sigh. They take out a metal bracelet and put it on my arm. I wince as it pinches my skin, going through it. They grab my hands and put it behind my back. "Ow." I complain to them in a bratty manner. They should at least give me a warning. They take me out of my prison cell as I notice a whole bunch of commotion going on inside the Sky Box. Its to noisy as there are guards everywhere taking prisoners out of their cells. Some fighting for their life. My prison door shuts as I they start going in a direction.

"Wait!" I stiffen as I hear the voice call out to the guards that are holding me. "Guys, I got this." The voice says to the guards who let go of me. I turn around and look at the familiar voice. "Dad!" I yell as I go to him and hug him. I'm excited to see a familiar face through all this chaos.

"What-whats going on?" I say.

"Honey, you're finally being sent to the ground." he says.

"The ground?" I didn't volunteer for this. I'm so not prepared to go to the ground. I don't know what it's going to be like or who we are going to deal with. I'm honestly scared for my life.

"The Chancellor announced that they are sending 100 prisoners to the ground to see if Earth is survivable. And you are one of the 100." he says with excitement..

"But dad, I don't know how to survive on my own. What if I die?" I say

"Trust me. You won't die. I promise." he says with hope in his eyes. What if he's wrong. What if I do die? I'm not ready. Especially not now.

Tears start forming in my eyes. "Wait, what about you, I don't want to leave you." I honestly hate the idea of me leaving my dad. Since he's the only family I have.

"I'll be fine, I promise I will see you soon. Just be careful sweetheart. I love you so much." my dad says. He says it if I'm going to be okay and there won't be any worries or problem. Boy, I knew he was wrong.