Chapter 8

Octavia and I started looking around trying to search for an exit. I was trying to see if I can get the door that was on the top to open while Octavia was looking through the walls. I heard something fall. I went back to Octavia and she was taking out rocks from the wall that were loose. I went over to her and started helping her. After we cleared the rest of the rocks which weren't that many, we saw an opening. It wasn't that big so we had to go through it by laying down. I helped Octavia get up and she started going through it. I went after her as I pushed myself through the little opening. It was a struggle but Octavia made it out. She made space so that I can make it out, and we were finally outside. I sighed in relief as we were one step closer going back to camp. Octavia started walking a direction as I followed after her. We were walking in silence as we tried to stay alert if there was any sign of people from the camp. Octavia and I kept walking until we hear a scream. We started running until someone put their hands on our mouths, trying to keep us quiet. I turned my head and it was the same grounder that captured us or maybe help us. We see a girl running, a girl from camp. Octavia was trying to get out of his grip but stopped after something in the trees through a spear at her. The grounder let his hands go from our mouth as we were speechless.

We followed the grounder as he was leading us somewhere. Octavia and I were walking slow as the grounder wasn't to far ahead of us. Octavia stopped as she started holding on to the tree in pain.

"Whats wrong?" I asked her worriedly.

"Uh. My leg." she complains to the grounder and I. "I need to rest." she says as the grounder goes up to her and picks her up harshly. Carrying her bridal style. The grounder starts walking as he has Octavia in his hands as I follow behind him. I can hear Octavia thank him but the grounder stays silent. Do they even talk?

"That girl back there, I knew her, so if she's here, so is my brother. Please, you have to help him, too. They'll kill him." she begs the grounder. If Bellamy's looking for Octavia, then Jasper might be looking for me. Finally, some hope. "You don't understand me do you? Great." We keep walking until the grounder stops. He sets Octavia down and opens the door that was attached to the floor. He carries her in and sets her down as I follow behind him.

"Why are you taking care of me? You found me at the bottom of the ravine. Fixed my knee." Octavia says. The grounder grabs chains and starts chaining Octavia's hands together. Octavia yells in pains as the chains are hurting her. Pleading the grounder to stop. I walk backwards with wide eyes. He locks the chain onto a key holder. He starts walking towards me as I try to run for it but he grabs me by the hand harshly and grabs another chain and start tying my hands together.

"Stop! Please!" I beg him as he locks my chains onto a key holder as well. I can hear Octavia crying as I look at him with sad eyes. A few tears escaping my eyes. The grounder leaves and Octavia and I are stuck here. After a while, I get helpless so I speak up.

"Octavia, we need to make a plan." I say.

"I know. Any ideas?" Octavia says. I start looking around as I find rocks on the ground. I grab a rock that's not so big, but not so small.

"You want to do it, or should I?" I say to her.

"I'll do it." She says as I hand her the rock and she hold it, making her body face the way of the chains as she has her back towards the entrance. After a few minutes, the grounder comes back. He crouches down behind Octavia. Octavia turns her head as she grips on to the rock. She hits the grounder once, almost knocking him unconscious. He hits the grounder again, making him fall to the grounder unconscious.

"Nice." I told her. She looks at me and gives me a small smile. We both look at the grounder and Octavia points to its hand. She notices there's a key on his hand. Was he trying to let us go? Now, I kinda feel bad. She grabs the key and tries to unlock herself but is having trouble as her hand is shaking. I grab the key and try to unlock myself. We both freeze up as we hear footsteps. We look towards the sound and we see Bellamy come in. I unlock the lock and give the key to Octavia.