Chapter 9

Jasper slowly goes back next to Monty as Monty gives him a thumbs up. I look at the nut and put it in my mouth. It tastes so good as I start chewing it and swallowing it. 

"Hey Piper." Monty says as he has a nut and basically motioning me that he's going to throw it to my mouth. I open my mouth and he throws the nut and I move my body to catch it. It goes inside my mouth as I start chewing it.

"Nice." Monty says. I go to give him a high five he um, hive fives himself. "Uh." I say as he just rejected my high five. They both look at me as I laugh lightly. 

"It's a thing we do. You can do it with us if you want." Monty says. "Sure." I say. We brake a lot of nuts and I eat a few of them, and by a few, I mean a lot. I just can't help it, they taste so good. 

"What do you think they're gonna do with the grounder?" Jasper asks.

"I'd rather not think about it." Monty says.

"Well, its been days since Bellamy captured him. How long till his friends come looking." Jasper says.

"Cheer up. In that time, we'll all be dead from hypothermia." Monty says as he puts a nut in his mouth. He grabs another nut and motions for Jasper to open his mouth. Jasper opens his mouth and Monty throws the nut directly in his mouth.

"Hey, hey, hey." Jasper says as they both hive five their own hands and not each others. I chuckle at them. Their friendship is so adorable, I can't.

"Guys we should take a break, we've been doing this for like an hour or so." I say.

"Yeah, I agree, lets go to our tent and talk about how wonderful Earth is." Monty says as he takes a ration of the nuts. Jasper and I also take a ration.

"You have a tent? No fair." I say as I get jealous they have a tent. Almost every night I have to sleep in the drop ship, and if I don't sleep in the drop ship, I don't sleep at all. 

"I'll make you one if you want." Jasper says as we walk to their tent. Monty went in first and he sat down. 

"Earth is scary." Jasper says as he goes into the and bends a little of how tall he is.

"It's amazing, fresh air, trees, nuts." Monty says as he picks one up and eats it. "These taste better than usual, right?" 

"Duh." I say as I grab a few and put it all in my mouth. Monty lays back and sets his head on something.

"Oh, I'd like to give Earth a giant hug." Monty says.

"You're acting weird." I say as Jasper and I take a close look at Monty.

"I feel weird, but in a good way." Monty says. I take a big breath of air as I look around. "Something smells good." I say as I leave the tent. Once I leave I walk around with my eyes closed. I open them once a while, sucking up the air. I look down at the dirt. I bend down and grab some and sniff them. They smell like nothing. It smells so good. I drop the dirt as if I were dropping sand. I spin around with my arms and laughing. I stop as I get a little dizzy. I sit down and laugh. I don't know what about but everything is so funny. I pop a few nuts in my mouth. I close my eyes at how good they taste.

"Piper? Piper!" I open my eyes and stand up as Jasper calls my name. He runs up to me and slows down. "I  think I'm going crazy. Or the grounders are here, or I'm going crazy, or-" 

"Jasper, slow down, tell me what you saw." I say getting my mind back together. He was about to say something but looking in a direction and nervously stopped.

"Him." Jasper says. I look toward the direction and I don't see any threat there.

"Um, there's no one there." I say confused.