Two: STILL BLONDE

Start from the beginning

WAM!

Holy smokes, what was that? I grabbed my forehead, rubbing the ache. I squinted and looked up to see a chest, then up to the neck, and finally the face. My blood froze in my veins, my breath caught in my throat, as my eyes met Roger's.

“H-Hey...” I stuttered, then gulped. I looked away to avoid his face.

“Um... can I ask you something private?” Roger mumbled, stepping in and looking around to make sure no one was listening to us. He didn't give me a chance to actually answer before he started talking again. “Did we... you know... do 'it' last night?” My eyes went wide, my jaw dropped.

CRASH!

I looked sideways to see AJ, his face in an empty blank stare. The noise had been him dropping his bag onto the floor and the contents spilling out. Oh crap, he heard that didn't he? AJ is cool about me being bi, but I don't pressure him with gossiping about details because he's straight and I don't want to freak him out. The look on his face now proved I’d made the right choice in the past.

AJ turned to flee, but I grabbed his wrist and held him back, then turned my attention back to Roger.

“No, we didn't. You got creepy so I left. We didn't do anything. If you drank so much you can't rmember, how did you even manage to drive yourself home?” I told him. Roger nodded, scratching the back of his neck. He glanced at AJ, then nodded again awkwardly.

“I don't know. Okay, good. Um... bye,” the footballer blurted, before moving off. Wait, isn't he supposed to be the 'out, gay and proud' type? What's with all the shyness?

I looked over AJ's paling face, worried.

AJ's Mind

Roger and Samson were talking, I stepped closer to try and hear what they were saying.

“Did we... you know... do it last night?” Roger asked my best friend. My heart stopped beating, my body went numb. No, I don't want to hear it. I don't want to think about it. Samson, with him? No, no. I... I can't breathe.

I turned to leave, but Samson grabbed my wrist. His hand felt warm against my numbing skin.

My... Samson... he...

“No, we didn't. You got creepy so I left. We didn't do anything.” Samson's voice reached me in my secluded corner of hell. I blinked. The meaning of his words still hadn't hit me yet. Roger left, why? Samson turned me around and leant me against the lockers. He bent down and picked up my bag and books. Why were they on the floor?

“Earth to AJ?” Samson called to me. My eyes fell to his and I regained consciousness of my body.

“Huh? What?” I asked, blinking rapidly.

“My bad dude, you weren't supposed to hear that. Sorry to freak you out like that,” he said to me, handing me my stuff.

“I'm not freaked out,” I snapped, taking my bag and putting it over one shoulder. I'm not freaked out, I’m... jealous.

“Oh yeah, sure, totally,” Samson mocked, following pace with me down the hall. We passed students in silence as we headed to our first class. It was one of two we had together today. First and last periods.

We went into the classroom and took our usual seats at the back, throwing our stuff down.

“Nice hair,” a guy laughed at us from the seat in the next row. He didn't mean 'nice hair' in the nice way. I noticed Samson's jaw clench and he placed his hands in his lap, no doubt in fists.

Samson, back when he came out, got teased a lot about it. He's never been a sigh guy, and he was never ashamed of it, so when someone would pick on him, he'd beat the crap out of them. He has a bad school record.