You, Me & 'Charlie' - chapter 16

Start from the beginning

“How about you guys come over to mine this afternoon?” she suggested.

“Sounds good.” I said, nodding at her suggestion.

“Excellent! Come round at four. I’ve called Jake and he’s pretty excited about seeing you again.” she giggled like a child.

I laughed in an embarrassed fashion. “Ok, see you later.” I said, hanging up.

I let out a sigh. Planning my party was probably hard enough for them, but getting just my outfit ready had worn me out.

And now I had to do it all again. It was a tough life.

***

“Hi Tabby! Come on in; just shove your coat on something that’s not the floor.” Kayleigh smiled as she led me indoors.

I laughed “Fair enough. Is she upstairs?” I asked.

Kayleigh nodded “Yeah, they both are.”

“Wow, Jake on time. Shocking!” I laughed again. “Ok, thanks.”

I walked up the stairs and headed for Paloma’s room. As I walked in, I was greeted by the familiar mess and bomb-site look.

“Hey Tabby!” Paloma said, looking up from her laptop.

“Hey! I heard Jake was here too. Where is he?” I asked, slightly puzzled.

“Oh he went to the loo. You literally just missed him.”

“Oh the shame!” I said dramatically. “So, what’s the plan?”

“We go to the party with clothes on. We dance, we drink, we have fun, and we come home and crash at my place. Voila!” she said with a flourish, waving her arms around her head.

“Really? I thought we’d go naked.” I said sarcastically.

I heard a male laugh. “Wow, I’d love to see that!” I turned to see Jake grinning wickedly.

“I bet you would, you disgusting child.” Paloma said, crinkling her nose.

I laughed. “Lovely.” I commented.

“Yes you are.” he grinned.

“Please, pass me the sick bucket.” Paloma made gag noises behind us.

He came over and kissed me. I still couldn’t get used to it.

“I wish you guys would just say hi to each other like normal people.” Paloma joked behind me.

“Yeah, I wish we did too.” I laughed, going over and jumping on her bed.

“HEY! Watch the laptop!” she said, elbowing me.

“Woops. Anyway, why are we here?” I asked.

“We were planning stuff, but, I guess we’re done. Hey Jake, how are you getting there?” Paloma asked while she updated her status on some social networking site.

“Um, Matt’ll probably take or something. Max’s sister is taking him. Why?”

“Just wondering. We need transport Tabby, should we walk? Where is it anyway?”

“Jack’s place I’m guessing, considering it’s his party, duh!” I said, giving her a slap on the arm for being so blonde.

“Yeah, but where is ‘Jack’s place’ exactly, hmm?” Paloma said, raising her eyebrows and rubbing where I’d hit her.

“Ten minutes from Aimee’s.” Jake answered, leaning on Paloma’s desk.

Paloma pulled a face. “I could get my sister to take us or something. We’ll get it sorted.”