You, Me & 'Charlie' - chapter 11

Sorry about the delay, i was revising, working on other things and writing a new short story - check it out! 'Endless Summer.'

Thanks for your support and enjoy the chapter! Don't forget to comment, vote & fan!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 11

I’d vowed to keep an eye on Bree from now on, we all had.

She had gotten better over the course of the few days after she’d told us the truth behind her pain. She seemed happier in herself, her old smile was back, and it lit up her brown eyes.

Everything was in a balance now, my home life was great, school was even better now, and Bree was content in herself.

The only problem that was really putting pressure on my tiny mind was the Jake shaped one.

I sighed again. Louder than I’d thought. Most of the bus turned around to see what was troubling me.

“You ok Tabby?” Jake asked. He looked confused.

“Um, yeah.” I said, turning away before my head started to burn.

Paloma laughed like a crazy. I glared at her.

“Yeah, well that’s normal.” Jake mumbled, even more confused than he was before.

Bree gave me a look. “She’ll tell you later.” Paloma managed to say through her crazy giggling.

Bree grinned, she had obviously caught on.

“Don’t I get to know then?” Jake said with mock annoyance.

“Sorry Jakey-boy, this is strictly girls talk, and I don’t think you’d want to know.”

Paloma nudged me in the ribs. I kicked her back, hard.

That set her off again. I turned to Jake, who looked very shocked, confused and scared by her demented puppy behaviour.

He caught my eye and smiled awkwardly. I looked toward Paloma and rolled my eyes. He laughed.

“So my house at five guys, right?” asked Paloma.

We’d made plans yesterday to all meet up after school Friday, and Paloma offered considering she’s always round everyone else’s house.

“Am I still allowed to come?” Jake asked.

“Yeah, at five, girls are coming at four thirty.” Paloma winked.

“You won’t miss much, party plans.” Bree said.

“Party? What the..?” I started, but sadly never got to finish considering Paloma trod on my foot.

“Yeah, your birthday you freak.”

“I don’t want a party, I’ve told you a billion times.”

“Yes you do, it’s the most important birthday ever Tabby! Finally sixteen! You think we’d let you off that easily? Ha! I think not.”

“I don’t care if I’m finally sixteen or not, I don’t even have enough friends to invite to this party.” I stated.

“Yes you do, primary friends?”

“Yeah, that I haven’t seen since I was seven.” I said crossing my arms defiantly.

“You have! We live in the same place, you must have seen them around town and stuff, I always do.”

“Yeah, but they probably don’t even recognise me considering I’m now nine inches taller and don’t wear pink dresses anymore.”