Chapter Thirty Five - Extraordinary Girl

Steven and Duff didn't know what to do. Tour could be surprisingly boring sometimes. Especially on the first night in a new city, before they had met anybody worth knowing. Their manager always tried to keep them inside their individual rooms, separated and unable to create trouble. He was sick of the trashed rooms and expensive hotel bills.
It was some time around two in the morning though and the manager was probably fast asleep. Steven had found a way to sneak into Duff's room a couple of hours  before midnight. They had been talking in hushed voices, just chilling, and catching up on all the latest gossip.
"Have you noticed Marcy ignoring us lately?" Duff asked in a sudden change of subject.
Steven nodded with a concerned frown. "She never wants to hang out with me any more." He looked even more upset about it than Duff felt. Steven loved hanging out with Marcy. She was the first platonic female friend he'd had in a long time and he hated the thought she might not want to be around him.
"I bet you it's Axl," Duff said bitterly. He was also upset, but for different reasons. Duff wanted Marcy for himself. "Don't you remember how he was with Erin Everly?"
"Huh. Are you saying he's doing that to Marce?" Steven wasn't talking about the violence. He didn't think something like that could ever happen to Marcy. Axl had taken up all of Erin Everly's time. He never let her talk to the others. When she did, they fought for hours. But then again, maybe Erin Everly did it on purpose because afterwards they would always have really loud sex.
"Do you reckon Aubrey could find out for us?"