Chapter Fourteen - Mama Kin

"You forgot this." Marcelline dug the Polaroid from her pocket. It was a little crumpled but Duff didn't seem to mind when he took it from her.

"Vodka princess." He grinned at Marcy.

"Vodka prince." Marcy giggled. Taking the photo was one of the few things she remembered from the night before.

"You guys don't make any sense." Slash pointed out.

They were all in the lounge. Axl, Duff, Marcy and Slash had managed to squeeze themselves onto the couch and Izzy and Steven had opted to sit on the floor.

Axl was reading his book again, drinking wine straight from the bottle. Classy.

Izzy, Slash and Duff were passing around a bong.

Marcy was pretty sure Steven was high because he had been staring at the back of his hand for the last twenty minutes.

"Neither do you." Duff laughed.

"What the fuck is a vodka prince?" Slash asked with furrowed eyebrows.

"Duff." Marcy grinned. 

"So who's the vodka princess then?" Slash took a hit from the bong.

"That would be me." Marcy said proudly.

"Is there a king and queen?" Axl asked without taking his eyes from his book.

Marcy pretended to think about it. She put on a thoughtful expression and stroked and imaginary beard. "Hmm, that would have to be Izzy and Aubrey."

"Huh?" Izzy's head shot up and he looked around the room, suddenly alert after hearing Aubrey's name. He hadn't been paying attention to the conversation until then.

"Nothing," Marcy giggled. She rested her head on Axl's shoulder and studied Izzy, thinking about what Aubrey had wanted her to ask him. "That reminds me, how did your little date go last night?"

Izzy smiled a little to himself. "It was good, I really like Aubrey. Did she say anything about me to you?"

"Aubrey said you guys had sex." Marcy ignored his question. Axl put his arm around her shoulders and continued to read his book and drink his wine.

"We did," Izzy blushed, causing Slash to snigger. "God, she's so hot. Do you think she likes me?"

"You'll have to ask her to find out." Marcy grinned cheekily. Axl chuckled at her elusiveness. He pulled her onto his lap and she made herself comfortable.

"Aw, come on Marcy," Izzy groaned. "Can't you just tell me?"

"Nope, you've gotta call Aubrey or something." Marcy said. Axl put his book down and wound his arms around her.

"You suck. I bet you tell her everything, but you wont say shit to me." Izzy grumbled.

"Tough luck," Marcy shut her eyes and relaxed against Axl with a sigh. "You smell like sex and smoke." She murmured quietly.

"Is that a good thing?" Axl mumbled. He craned his neck and kissed her neck gently.

"It's really hot." Marcy admitted. He was starting to rub circles on her side with his fingers.
"I want you so bad," Axl's hot breath tickled her skin. His voice was deep and raspy, it made her fingertips tingle. "Right here, right now." His hand traveled under her shirt. Marcy giggled quietly.

"We're still in the room, you know." Duff said while Slash pretended to throw up all over them.

"Oh, shut up," Marcy retaliated. She pushed herself from Axl's lap and wandered over to the sound system.  There was a stack of albums on the floor next to the stereo. For a bunch of guys who blew most of their money on drugs, they had an impressive music collection.
Marcy crouched down and started searching through the pile. "What do you guys wanna listen to?" She asked.

"The Ramones?" Duff suggested.

"Uh, they're boring," Slash rolled his eyes. "Can you play Alice Cooper, Marcy?"
Steven muttered something under his breath. He didn't look up from his hands. "Hmm, what was that Steven?" Marcy asked in a kind voice.

"Aerosmith." He mumbled, his innocent eyes locked onto hers. Marcy smiled, he was so sweet. There was no way in hell she could ever say no to him. It was hard to believe Steven had ever done anything wrong. Marcy hated the thought that bad things could happen to a guy like him. He didn't deserve it.

"You wanna listen to Aerosmith?" She cooed.

"Yeah," He nodded, his poofy hair bounced when he moved his head. Steven crawled across the floor and searched through the pile of music until he found what he wanted. "This one."

Marcy noticed how much his hands were shaking as he handed it to her. A small frown tugged at the corners of her lips. The drugs he had been taking were really starting to take their toll. "You alright?" Her voice was full of worry.

Steven nodded again and watched Marcy put the CD in the player. Music started to blare from the speakers and she cranked the volume up. Marcy got up and pulled Steven to his feet. She started moving her hips to the beat and Steven did a weird dance move that made everyone laugh.

"This isn't Alice Cooper." Slash stated but he grabbed Axl's half empty bottle of wine and began drinking and dancing too. He was horrible at it and all he could seem to do was nod his head along to the music.

"Good choice Stevo." Duff grinned and dragged Axl off the couch. Izzy groaned and left the room. Marcy guessed he either hated the song or didn't like dancing.

Axl put his hands on Marcy's hips and moved his body against hers in an overtly sexual way. She just shook him off and started singing along to the song at the top of her lungs. Duff soon joined in. It reminded Marcy of that night in the clearing, not too long ago. She missed that.
She missed him.

Sure, they spent time together. In fact, they may or may not have slept together. But it wasn't the same. Marcy missed silly, spontaneous Duff. She missed road trip Duff.

"Well you've always got your tail on the wag. Shootin' fire from your mouth just like a dragon. You act like a perpertual drag. You better check it out, or someday soon you'll have to climb back on the wagon." They sung. Slash, Axl and Steven had joined in.

Duff kept his gaze trained on Marcy. She was looking right back up at him. Marcy liked the way his eyes sparkled when he was happy. His mood was contagious and she soon found herself grinning uncontrollably.

"It ain't easy, livin' like ya wanna, and it's so hard to find piece of mind. Yes it is. The way I see it, you've got to say shit. But don't forget to drop me a line." Axl's voice over powered them all. He sounded amazing, as usual. The song suited him.

"We used to cover this song all the time." Slash explained when he saw Marcy's expression.

"Really? I bet it sounds fucking awesome! I've gotta hear you guys play sometime." Marcy shouted over the music.

"Come to one of our shows." Duff suggested.

"We're playing at the Whisky tomorrow." Axl said.

"I have work until six." Marcy frowned. She danced circles around Axl, trying to make him laugh by head banging as vigorously as possible.

"The show starts at ten." Axl chuckled. He started copying Marcy. It looked hilarious.

"I'll be tired though..." Marcy giggled. She realized they all must have looked crazy. For the world's most dangerous band, they didn't take themselves very seriously. If only the media could see them dance. It was a sight to behold.

"Come on, Marce. It'll be fun. And you can come back stage if you want." Duff was attempting to imitate Axl's famous 'snake' dance move. He did a pretty good job considering how high he was.

Marcy eyed them all skeptically. All she wanted to do after work was sleep, even if she had the opportunity to watch them live. "Maybe another day?"

"What do we have to do to convince you to come tomorrow? We could dedicate a song to you or something." Axl said. The song changed and they all slowed the pace of their dancing.

"That's a start," Marcy grinned cheekily. "Can Aubrey come too?"