☙ f i f t y - f i v e

Start from the beginning

He smirked, not even hiding the fact that he knew he won. "What are you doing?" Gemma hisses, one hand covering the side of her mouth, as if that would stop Niall from hearing her. "This is a trap. He's here to either kill us or bring us back to the castle!" She says, standing up now. "It's a trap!"

I actually knew it was a trap, but not for what she said. Dominos, that's what he's playing with. And at the end of the chain he wants to start is something we'll never know until we actually get there.

I take the other glass from Niall's hand and toss it to Gemma, glad she caught it out of reflex rather than letting it break on the ground. "If he wanted to do either of those he would have already done it." I say to her before turning my attention at Niall who motions for us to drink.

"Hell no! I don't even know what this is!" Gemma hisses, but I've already removed the cork on mine.

It smelled like nothing - which I found odd. Everything smelled like something.

"It's something that'll help you. I know people outside the kingdom, my lady. Lots of connections to get rare things like these." He says, being vague and cryptic with his answers as usual.

We hear something moving behind Niall, causing my eyes to widen.

It's him. It's Harry.

Without a second thought I place the glass on my lips and tipped my head back, letting the liquid slide down my throat. It tasted like nothing as well, but it felt thick against my tongue and burned my body as it made its way down.

I turn to Gemma who stared at me like I grew a second head - which I momentarily feared I might have after drinking an unknown substance. When I find myself second-head free, I move over to her and forced the glass to her lips.

She seemed completely bewildered at what was happening that she didn't even register what I was doing before the glass is already emptied into her mouth.

"Fucking hell." I swore, my eyes widening as Gemma's body suddenly disappears.

Well, not really. I can still feel her as one of my hands was still wrapped around her wrist, but I literally could not see her.

I turn to Niall who had he's finger to his mouth, motioning us to be quiet. "This way you can easily walk through the cities instead of sneaking around the woods where you leave tracks on ground." He says. My eyes widen at the words, completely overlooking that fact before. I never really had to worry about leaving footprints while I hunted - seeing as animals never really cared about that.

As if managing to read my mind Niall chuckles and nods to the bag on his shoulders. "Don't worry, I dragged my bag through the soil to cover your tracks up." He says. "That would last around three days, if you move fast that'd be just enough for you to make it past the Guard Wall before you're visible again.

"I'll keep the prince busy in the woods. Wish us good luck." He says, a sly smile on his lips just as the devil himself appears behind him, causing my breathing to freeze.

His hair was disheveled, green eyes narrowed at Niall's back. He was covered in dirt, a bit of sweat could be seen as well. He wasn't in his usual top shape with expensive clothes and well-groomed appearance but the sight of him still knocked the breath out of my lungs.

I was so tempted to kick him in the guts but press my lips to his as well.

"Who are you talking to?" He asks Niall, his eyes never even glancing mine and Gemma's way.

Meaning whatever Niall gave us was working. We were actually hidden from the human eye.

I'm thankful by the fact that Gemma probably caught on and remained silent to keep our cover. I look over at Niall who was staring off to the distance since he most probably couldn't see us either. He mouths "Go" before turning around and facing Harry. "No one." He says.

I tug on Gemma's hand slowly as I pull her behind me, making sure I kept my feet off of the ground by only stepping on the wide roots. It was quite the challenge as I couldn't even see my own feet.

As I walk around Harry, I couldn't help but stare. Being this close to him without his knowledge was almost painful. Looking at him made something inside me stir. No matter what he said or what he lied about, and what was true or not in the actions he had shown me - what I felt for him was real and true and strong and hell if it isn't torture being this close to him without wrapping my entire body around him.

My eyes were still glued to him, now watching him from the back as Gemma and I walked.

My unfocused self slips up, of course. Causing me to almost collide with the ground if I hadn't used my free hand to hang onto a branch.

"Who's there?" Harry snaps, turning around immediately, the rustling of the leaves obviously giving us away. His green eyes are bright as literally look through me, and it that moment I never felt an odder mixture of emotions as both relief and sadness consumed me.

I cursed under my breath before holding Gemma's wrist tighter as I pressed both of us against a tree. Harry barges through, running after what he supposed was a person watching them.

Niall follows him immediately, but just as he passes near us he mumbles. "Send my regards to the little girl."

_______________

My q's 4 u!

1. What part in this story so far have u reacted like the picture?

2. Guilty pleasure? (Honestly mine is making dirty larry manips oops)