She picked up her drink, but stopped when she saw me. "I was wondering where you went." I put on a fake smile. "I went to the bathroom." She nods and sips her drink. "Are you sure you don't want a shot. I can get Camry to buy us more. She's thinks you're cool." I shake my head. "That's nice of her, but no thank you. This water is good for me. Enjoy yourself tonight." She turns around and scans the crowd. "While I was dancing I swear I saw a guy that looked just like Chris Cambridge," She turns back to me. My stomach jumps, hoping that she was just joking. "I'm probably seeing things, but he was so hot." She laughs. I join in, trying to distract her. "Yeah, it's probably the alcohol giving you googley eyes." She shrugs, "You're probably right. This doesn't even look like a place he'd go to." I chuckled at that.

How right she was about someone she doesn't truly know, but loves so much. I softly laughing, trying to wash out the wave of utter shit I felt right now. Cayla loves Chris, because she believes he is amazing. That beyond what she actually knows, she sees him as someone who is honest, charming, and nice. He is a great guy, yet she doesn't know the real him. Her fantasies stay fantasies until she acts on it. She can continue to obsess over a man she can't have, or she can move forward and forget him. In this situation, I have the power to help her find a loophole. I can help her find someone who will treat her like the amazing woman she is.

"Cayla what would you do if you met Chris Cambridge?"

She smiles big, "Mmm, probably die."

I give a small smile at her dramatic response. "Lovely, now go play child." She leaves and I text Chris to meet me over here.

He looks at me across the room and gets up. I  met him in the middle of the dance floor. "What is it?" I grab his hand and put it to my waist.

"I'm making up for being a bitch this whole trip and I—"Don't Eli, You don't have to. I'm being complicated, because I'm worried. I'm worried about you." We dance along to the music; his other hand moves to my waist as well and we sway to the music.

"Don't worry about me Chris. You've done nothing, but try to get through to me about my decisions and my life. And I appreciate it," I caress his hair, letting his dark tresses of hair run over my dark hands. He closes his eyes as my hand moves down to his cheek, feeling the stubble on his tan face and gives me a look like he knows what I'm going to say.

"I can't give you what you want from me. I'm too fucked up in the head and I'm chasing after someone I can't have. I know the outcomes, the consequences, and the damage that will be done, but at least I've done something on my own. This is my choice. I choose to fall for a man that is probably going forget me once I have left him for the second time.

"Soon enough he's going to find out my secret and he's going to be livid. He's going to want to call or text me. He's going to call Carmen. He's going to call my grandparents, and he may or may not stop. Will he find me? No, because I'm getting a house in LA and moving far away from my mother. I'm going to separate the hold she has on me and get back to my old life.

"Next thing you know, I'm booking more gigs, maybe getting casted in more movies and living my life like there was never a Logan Roberts. And that I ever had a False Claim to cover up a period of my life where I experienced the worse and the best moments in it."

I kiss his cheek. "Thank you, again for being there for me. Now let me be there for you and tell you that I have a wonderful girl over there that almost blew your cover," I hit his chest, "What kind of disguise is this? Go over there and pull your Chris charm on her."

Chris looks at me crazy. "You're fucking kidding right?" He says, looking like he's going to hyperventilate. I laugh, pushing him towards our booth. "No I'm not. Now act normal. I've strongly convinced her that it was the googley eyes from the drinks that are making her think it's you. All you have to do is further convince her and bam! That's how you can reveal yourself to her the party. Trust me she'll die." I tease him.