6.0

I feel like this is short, but I'm not really sure because there's almost 800 words...

Laura's point of view.

"Hug me," I laugh out. He sits up properly, making me shuffle so that he can hug me in a comfortable position.

"What are you doing here?" He asks, looking at his watch and squinting his eyes. I think it's around eight at night.

"You didn't answer me when I rang you back, so I decided to come over." I smile at him. His hands land on my waist and he lifts me up so that he can readjust himself to rest against the headboard of his bed. He places me back down on his lap as if I were a feather.

"Am I allowed to be around you?" He asks, furrowing his eyebrows together. I give him a weird look and nod, giggling at his confusion. Since when was he not allowed to be around me? I was the one who broke him. Not the other way around.

"Why wouldn't you be?" I ask, my eyes trailing down to stare at his lips.

"Well, the doctors said-" I cut him off by placing my lips on his. I've been longing to kiss Ross since the night that I screwed everything up. And honestly, that doctor discussion can wait.

He let's out a chuckle as I pull away, my smile reaching my eyes as I rest my forehead against his. He hums a tune to me, which catches my attention almost immediately.

"New song?" I ask, smiling brightly at him.

"Yeah," he laughs nervously, "it was kind of inspired by you."

"I'm flattered," I giggle. He wrote a song inspired by me. How sweet is that? Even after I cheated on him and we broke up, he wrote a song inspired by me. Of all the people in the world, me.

"It's not really the type of song you'd expect..." He trails off, looking around the room as I climb off of his lap and lean against the headboard next to him.

"Can I hear it?" I ask, poking his arm gently.

"It's not finished yet." He says, a little too quickly. I tilt my head and sigh, shaking my head.

Suddenly, Rocky barges into the room and yells, "Repeating Days is playing! V Hits is playing our song!" He runs out of the room again, repeating those words in a loud manner. I look to Ross, who scratches the back of his neck.

"Is that the song?" I grin at him, jumping off of the bed and running out of the room, following Rocky as he sprints to the screening room where I hear the faint sound of Ross' singing voice.

Climb the stairs to your apartment
Just to see you holding him

I don't see Ross behind me, so I just waltz into the screening room and listen to the song as it continues to play its melodic sound.

You try to tell me that it's nothing
So I keep coming back again

You're looking right in my eyes and I know that you're lying
When you say that you're mine and there's nobody else

My smile fades slightly and I look down at the floor.

But even when we fight, I can't stop from loving you
You know we can't be friends, I guess this is how it ends

I wrap my arms loosely around myself.

Things that you say,
I can't erase
Repeating days,
It's all the same

Driving home I'm empty-hearted
Broken pictures on the floor
And when I thought that it was over
I see you standing at the door

I'm looking right in your eyes and you know that I'm lying
When I say that I'm fine, there'll be somebody else

I let out a shaky breath.

But after all this time, I can't stop from loving you
You know we can't be friends.
Can I taste your lips again?

Things that you say,
I can't erase
Repeating days,
It's all the same

We're all afraid of loneliness
We're all afraid of dying 'lone

I lean against the wall and slide down it.

And even when you broke my heart
I'd do it again

You're looking right in my eyes and you know that I'm lying
When I say that you're mine and there's nobody else
But even when we fight, I can't stop from loving you
You know we can't be friends.
Can I taste your lips again?

Things that you say,
I can't erase
Repeating days,
It's all the same

Days repeating over again
Hopelessly go over our heads
Yeah, days repeating over again
Hopelessly go over our heads, yeah

"That's not what it seems like," Ross whispers beside me.

I let a breath slip out of my mouth in one short moment.