5.9

Sorry that I haven't updated in 7393847493 years. I've just been busy lately and I kind of also forgot about this account. I'm a terrible person, I know.

Well anyways, I hope you guys like this extra long chapter that I wrote for you! 😁

In celebration for 50 chapters!! 🎉 It's been the best journey, oh my goodness. 💗

Laura's point of view.

I look up at Ishka in confusion as my phone just rings and rings until I hear voicemail. Now, before you go ballistic that Ishka is in my room, let me explain the situation here. It turns out, Ishka is the same age as Derrick and he started to hang out with him while I was in my mourning phase. They're now best friend, so that's why Ishka's in my room. He's only checking up on me to see how I'm doing.

"He didn't answer," I look down as my phone slides out of my hand. Ishka sighs and sits beside me on my bed. Derrick is currently getting ready for his date with Ashley.

"He'll answer soon, don't worry." He replies, smiling at me. I smile back. "And if he doesn't, then I'll pop him in the snout." He fake threatens, pretending to punch the air as he bounces on my bed a bit. I let out a laugh and look up at him.

"Thank you, Ishka." I say, poking him on the arm. He nods at me and stands up.

"I should probably go see if Bridezilla is doing alright." He laughs out, walking towards the door as I laugh again. I should use that sometime. Bridezilla is a perfect name for my brother.

"Is he seriously that nervous?" I ask, astonished that my big brother is stressing an unbelievably large amount over a date with a girl that he's been dating for god knows how long.

"Yes, he's seriously that nervous." He chuckles, opening my bedroom door and leaning against the doorframe. I shake my head in disbelief and then look up at him once again.

"Ishka?"

"Yeah?" He bites his lip.

"Thank you," I say again, standing up and slowly walking up to him, "for being there these past few weeks. I couldn't have gotten through this without you." He spreads his arms wide open, a silent invitation for a free hug. I accept the offer, taking the last few steps and then wrapping my arms around him in a big bear hug. He squeezes me, but not too tightly.

"It's no big deal," he shrugs as I pull back, "Ross was getting you through this too. With those phone calls," he nods his head, turning his head to the hallway when we hear Derrick's frustrated yells come from his room. He shakes his head, a smile clear on his face.

"You should go," I say, "the queen bee awaits you in this time of need." I laugh, Ishka chuckling along with me. He nods, pushing off the doorframe and waving to me as he walks to Derrick's room.

He opens his door and erupts into laughter. I smile breaks out onto my face as he closes the door behind him, the faint sound of Ishka's laughter and Derrick's groaning giving me enough amusement to last me the entire time that they'll be gone. I sigh, turning around and closing my door as I walk back towards my bed. I pick my phone up and decide to call Ross again. Maybe he'll pick up this time.

I click on the contact with the name Ross😍😩 and press the 'call' button. I sit down on my bed, waiting to hear the voice that calms me down every time I hear it.

"Sup, you've reached Ross badum tss Lynch. Leave a message and I'll get back to you."

Beep.

I groan, throwing my phone across the room. It hits the wall and drops to the floor with a big thud. I stand up, marching to my closet. If he won't answer the phone, I'll go see him. I realize I was unsure about hanging out with him, but that's only because I didn't want to see him after what had happened. It's quite embarrassing. To have the love of your life hold you at literal breaking point next to a bath of your watered down blood. It's not something that I ant to continue from. But, I guess I'll have to. In order to see him, I'll have to get over any awkwardness or any fear or whatever I have at the moment.

I get dressed into a yellow singlet and some really warm loose grey sweatpants that happen to look baggy on me. I then put my hair up into a messy bun and shove some converse onto my feet. I stand up from the ground and swallow an antidepressant pill before grabbing my keys and exiting my room. I look at my brothers bedroom door and walk over to it, knocking and then opening it.

I peek my head into the room and smile at my brother and his friend. Derrick is wearing a white button down shirt that is buttoned oddly and unevenly, to which I giggle at. He's also wearing really weird looking shorts. I cringe at the sight.

"I'm heading out," I inform them. Derrick's head perks up and his face washes over with worry.

"Where are you going?" He asks, pointing his finger at me. "You better not be going to the bar or any parties again. Riker told me that you were at some chicks party a while back." He rants on. I put a hand up at him and he stops.

"I'm going to go see Ross, don't worry." I smile. Ishka's expression catches my attention. He smiles and gives me a thumbs up.

"Look Derrick, she'll be fine." Ishka reassures my brother. I smile even wider at them and Derrick rolls his eyes, giving the 'ok' that I can go.

"Oh, and a little advice," I stand up straight and jump out from behind the door, a hand on my hip. "Don't wear those pants." I look to his cupboard and pull out some formal pants, handing them to him. "Wear these. And fix your shirt. The buttons aren't aligned right." I giggle and run out of the room. Damn, these antidepressants work fast, and they definitely work.

"Bye!" Both Ishka and Derrick call out at different times. I say it back and sneak past my parents, jumping in my car and starting the engine. Okay, the only reason I snuck past my parents is because they would never let me go anywhere without them. They don't won't to lose another child, so I guess I can understand that.

I drive to the Lynch house, pulling up out the front of their next door neighbors house and getting out of the car. I don't want them to see me coming. I want it to be a surprise. There's a big tree in the way of my car, so there's no way they'll spot it.

I power walk up to the front door and slowly turn the knob, opening the door and peeking my head around it. I see nobody in sight, so I open and close the door. I tote up the stairs and make my way to Ross' closed door. Still, I see nobody. It's common, though. They're usually out of the house being social butterflies or in their rooms being hermit crabs.

I slowly turn the knob on Ross' door, praying he doesn't notice it. I push the door lightly, seeing complete darkness in the room. Seeming as he now has his own room since Ryland moved in with Riker a while ago, this is kind of weird. I push the door open fully and flick the light switch on.

I furrow my eyebrows together, scanning the room until my eyes land on his bed. There he is, laying on top of his bed, not under the covers and still in his clothes. Shoes and all, he's dead asleep. Who goes to sleep this early?

I close the door and walk up to him, kneeling down beside his bed and leaning my chin on the bed. I stare at his beautiful sleeping face, a smile covering mine.

I get up and put my foot on the bed, pushing myself up so that I'm standing over the top of Ross' sleeping body. I gently set myself down so that I'm sitting on his torso.

His breathing pattern changes and his eyes open, blinking multiple times as they adjust to the light. He yawns, stretching beneath me. I giggle, to which he freezes.

"Afternoon, sleepy head." I smile down at him as his eyes shoot open. His face brightens as he looks at me.

"Laura?" He croaks out. He clears his throat and gives me a wide grin.