Lay Me Down Chapter 51

Start from the beginning

"Did I miss something?" Jay questioned.

"Except from the fact that Carter's an ass. Nope nothing!" Carter glared at me.

"Well what about the fact that you are a lying bitch!" He spat.  

"Whoa, Carter man I don't know what's going on but I think you need some time to calm down." Jay told him and to be honest I was not expecting that from Carter, and it hurt to hear him say that to me. I turned my head and willed myself from crying, but the truth was that since that first day I met Carter my barrier had been broken down. That shell that I put up to protect myself had broken and the pieces were long gone, far too gone to be put  back together. So the tears came, but I quickly wiped them away as I stood up and made my way to my room.

"Lizzie I'm sorry." I heard Carter say but I made my way to my room and closed and locked the door behind me. "Lizzie open the door please. I'm sorry. I wasn't thinking before I spoke." I said nothing.  “Lizzie please don’t be like this.” He begged. I sighed.

“I’m fine Carter. I’m just tired and I want to go to sleep.” I told him.

“I don’t believe you.” He replied.

“ You don’t have to.”

“Can you just open the door please?” I sighed.

“Why?”

“We really need to talk!”

“You think?” I asked sarcastically.

“I don’t need the sarcastic bullshit Lizzie.” He replied

“Well you are going to get it.” I heard him chuckle. Why was he laughing?

“Why do I put up with you?” he asked more to himself.

“Because you love me.” I said before I could actually think about it.

“Yea I do!” I heard him say. There was a moment of silence and then he finally spoke again. “Can you open the door?” I got up and opened the door and he was standing right there in front of me. He wrapped his arms around me and pulled me into him. “ I hate fighting with you.” He admitted.

“Me too!” I replied.

“Let’s try not to do it anymore.” He told me.

“I think it’s inevitable at this point Carter.” He pulled away from me and stared into my eyes.

“Maybe it is, but I think we can make it work.” He said as he showed me that winning smile. My heart fluttered and all I wanted to do was jump into his arms, wrap my legs around his waist and plant my lips on his, but I couldn’t do that. There was no way that I could do that. “Come let’s go eat.” He said as he draped one arm over my shoulder and we walked towards the kitchen.

Jay was already sitting down and feeding his face. “So you two lovebirds made up?” He questioned. Carter rolled his eyes but simply replied.