Lay Me Down Chapter 46

VOTE.COMMENT.LIKE.TWEET

ENJOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 Also the covers are shown in the slideshow, tell me your fav in the comments. The one with the most votes wins.

“So you want to do lunch with me today?” Carter asked me over the phone. Jay had gone to work so I was left here all alone.

“No thanks Carter, I’m good.” I responded.

“Come on Lizzie. I don’t want our relationship to be awkward or distanced. I miss spending time with you.” My heart fluttered at the mention of those words, but I had to refrain from making it out to be more than it really was.

“Carter things are different---“

“Lizzie no they’re not! Will you please just do lunch with me?”  He asked cutting me off.

“Fine Carter” I said giving in

“Okay I’ll pick you up in a little bit.”

“Alright see you then” I said hanging up the phone. I didn’t get why he wanted to see me. I mean every time I saw him I relapsed and it only made things worse. Carter was just like the drugs. I wanted him, God I needed him, but I had to break my addiction just as I had to do with the drugs. There was no way we could be together without any harm being done.

“So how have you been?” Carter asked once were seated at the restaurant.

“Good and you?” I replied.

“The same,” He muttered. We bounced back into an awkward silence. We never had awkward silences previously. I nibbled on some of my food and took a sip of my drink. This was really awkward!

“How’s staying with Jay coming along?” He questioned.

“Nice” I stated and continued to eat my food. There was another moment of silence.

“Come on Lizzie don’t let it be like this.” He said.

“Like What?” I questioned.

“Like this! With these awkward  moments and decreased conversation.” He explained.

“Well what do you want me to do Carter?”

“Do whatever you would do before everything happened.”

“That’s the point Carter! Everything happened so I can’t be like that. Things are different.”  I told him. He sighed. Nothing else seemed to be said while we finished our meal and we didn’t talk until Carter asked me what flavor of Ice cream I wanted from the ice cream stand that was located in the middle of the park.

“Cookie Dough” I told him.

“Two scoop cookie dough and two scoop rocky road” He told the vendor. Carter paid the money and  handed me my ice cream.